free hit
counters
2002 Esprit AC compressor - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the A/C compressor on my car. It needs replacement and I know it should be available from a local parts supply as it is not a "Lotus" part. I do not know the manufacturer or part number????

Thanks....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that compressor ends up not being available, I've come to understand the unit that was used is a Sanden SD7H15. This is a fairly common compressor and was used on many vehicles. If you do a google search, it will show it was used on many GM models from the late 90's, as well as various Dodge, Saab, Volvo, etc. I want to think someone listed in the parts cross referrence it directly crosses over to the compressor used in a (98) Pontiac Grand Am, but I don't have personal experience in that department (knock on wood). Your best option would be to take the old compressor into the parts house and have it matched. The only thing you should have to look at is the belt pulley since the main difference will be how many ribs for the drive belt.

• 3 weeks later...

Paul,

Part #1135153

did u install it yet, was it the same as Sanden SD7H15

also how many ribs on it,

my ac is cooling but the compressor makes some nasty ratling noices when

clutch engaged

thnx

• 1 month later...

I have a bum Compressor also. I saw that there is an Enhanced Unit? Any opinions on this?? Also, how long did the job take... I've been told it is a real pain- and I believe it given the source was a friend that has helped me for years working on my Esprit and he's got lots of experience!!

• 1 month later...

I have the part but not the time to install it. I hope to get it in for this in the next few weeks. I too have been told its a pain to do so I am bringing it to Foreign Toys in Ft. Lauderdale so Paul and his crew can get it right the first time. They did a great job helping me sort a few cosmetic issues prior to a show a few months ago and I came away with Platinum and best in show for Lotus!!!

• 1 year later...

Just reopening this thread.

My A/C Compressor has given up the ghost and is currently breaking it's self apart (lots of little bits of metal shavingsnear the belt, which is never a good thing).

For obvious reasons the OEM part is out of my price range so I was wondering whether anyone has had success in fitting or sourcing an alternative.

I see that Techchoiceparts still stock the cross referenced part number and although well priced I am relucatant to commit to purchase without confirmation it will fit.

Also, really daft one, apart from ordering the part online from the states is there anything else I need to do, is there import duty on new parts etc?

New V5 A/C Compressor

With GM V5 Compressor - Labeled 1135153SKU: 100054 Part No: 10632N

Or is there somewhere in the UK where this part can be sourced?

thanks

I can confirm the TechChoice compressor fits and works just fine in the V8, but I'd hate to think what shipping to the UK will be!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Hi there

I too have a 99 V8 GT and during the last service at Stratton Motor Company I was advised that my compressor had a crack at the mounting block - wheresover that is!!

I managed to find a new one from Lotus part number A082P6064F (I remembered seeing an old parts sale document that listed Lotus still having one for sale cheaply). I purchased it and have it sitting in my garage ready for Stratton to fit at my next service in May time.

I have just looked at the item for you and it is a SANDEN SD7H15 model 8062.

As a matter of interest i have just googled that and amongst other leads it showed a few on ebay.co.uk

If you look at item 160503780253 you will see what i mean. That one is far cheaper than i paid!!

It certainly looks the same although there may be some differences of course and if you need me to look at mine again do not hesitate to give me a shout.

Mark

• 3 years later...

Hi Ive just been through compressor replacement on my 2003 V8. The GM part number is 1135153.

Most folks dont have a clue. I used Jensen Auto in the US through there ebay store which is easy to find. They charged me 89US plus shipping (80US to Aus). BARGAIN. Its a remanufactured part the same as the UK based - US parts guys quote you for lots more money. The compressor looked like it was brand new! They were brilliant. I got them to check 3 times against photos on the car and the various part numbers from forums and they even offered me a return bag if they were wrong. They shipped to me (and I now live in Australia) i had it in 5 days via USPS. The drier came from Strattons at about 10GBP which took 2 weeks. Parts went straight on the car and work like a dream. Compressor has a 1 year warranty i think.

• 4 months later...

Given the amount of labor on replacing the compressor, I would never want to use a remanufactured unit unless it was impossible to buy a new one.  Remanufactured parts are why many people have to replace the same part over and over on their cars.

Is anyone finding new units?

Edited by lotusespritse

you can ask Charly C.      ..his fried Mike here in Germany recently imported a new unit from the USA for one of his V8 Esprits

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..