free hit
counters
TLF Fat Club - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Simon350S

TLF Fat Club

How's it going Si?Don't be too tough on yourself, then you stand a great chance of keeping it going.

I have an interesting link to top 10 worst and best foods. Whilst the brands are American, the information is quite jaw dropping, as to how many teaspoons of sugar, or grams of fat and salt some foods contain. I am signed up to a newsletter and this arrived a few weeks ago, I had been meaning to find it. http://www.cspinet.org/nah/10foods_bad.html

It is intersting this whole diet thing, different things work for different people. Paul mentioned early on about changing his coffee choices. Whereas my lifestyle choices absolutely rely on two lattes a day, and, this works for me! They are skinny lattes, but it's a vital way for me to get protein, iron, vitamin A and D into my body. (I don't digest meat well at all so fat free milk is important) Also, the thing about lifestyle change re food, is that you can get into the trap of feeling deprived of those things you really enjoy. I love stopping off for a good latte on the way home from work, my day always starts with one. I am also a great consumer of soup, could not live without it. I just don't supplement my soup with crusty bread and half a ton of butter! And fruit smoothies also work for me. Again, a sensible quantity, and a good quick way of getting fruit into your system.

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My best friend is an airline pilots with Cathay Pacific in Hong Kong. He is one of those 150 pound soaking wet 5% body fat guys, can't gain weight if he tries.

He went in for his last medical and was showing a weight change of plus two pounds over his previous medical... so he weighed roughly 149 rather than 147. The doctor looked at his 'weight gain' and said to him: "Ahh, yoo be carefow: yoo get faht!" :D

The title of this thread is a bit misleading though. I thought it was just going to be a place where fat asses like me could swap fat stories: I'm so disappointed :P

Edited by 73JPS

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

My health problems have fostered a "sod-it-why-not" attitude since diagnosis..but since it seems I may well be still here for a bit...

Now that is really good news.

> > 5. The Germans drink a lot of beers, eat lots of sausages

> > and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

> > CONCLUSION

> > Eat and drink what you like.

> > Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

I think you mean, "Speaking English badly is what kills you."

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Those of you who can never gain weight - watch out. Past a certain age, your metabolism slows, and here it comes. You'll look down one day and think - where did that disgusting blob come from? Speaking from experience here, I hit that point in my mid 40's. Up until then, I was 6'2" and 155 pounds, 29-30 waist, never could get over that, no matter what I ate or how much. Fat - it's utterly revolting when you find it on yourself. I can take the odd gray hair or two, but fat? Ugh. I ballooned up to 200 and a 34 waist. Back down to 170 and 31 inch waist, I'm comfortable with that.

I started cycling again. Used to race in college, and thoroughly enjoy it. Plus, you get this neat device that you can tinker with. Cycling is also my mental vacation. Clear the mind of thought, and just listen and feel. The swish of the chain, the pop of a pebble under a tire, breeze blowing over you, working up a hill, flying down the other side. It's neat to take a 40 or 50 mile ride, stop, and think - I propelled myself all that way. Just me, no hydrocarbons.

I'll also suggest doing major work on your Esprit for motivation. It isn't good exercise, but if you're getting chunky, you'll find contorting yourself into the necessary Lotus positions becomes very difficult.

Well monday morning saw a slighly dissapointing result.

Official weight 114.2kg

That's a 1.2kg loss or 2.64lbs

Was hoping for a better result but no gym at all last week hurt my progress, it'll be the same this week as I'm currently doing a 5 hour daily commute.

Got a BBQ this weekend as welland fathers day dinner at the parents house.

Hopefully I can be strong, but not expecting good things next Monday!

Chunky Lover

Keep at it - the body sometimes responds to change quickly or slowly - it's as unique as your personality.

Some people lose weight quickly and then stop, others lose it at a slow and steady pace, others slowly and then quickly.

You've done but 3 weeks of training - some people take years to know what's good for their bodies and where to find their peak training which is why you should mix it up a bit

The main thing is you're chipping away at it, you've lost 4kg of weight so far - go and find a 4kg weight at the gym see how that feels !! I have a 5kg sitting next to me and it's a bloody lot of weight to carry around with you all day !

Look at that in terms of fat and it's a LOT of fat...you'll be supprised how much that is !

Keep at it, varry your training here and there - you might find the lighter you get the easier it becomes.

facebook = [email protected]

Simon,

Think of it as a race, every lap made is going to be different, some quicker, some slower, key important thing is that you stick in the race...and cross the line...

For those of you that know me here, I travel all over the world, I eat out on a nightly basis which in my mind is the worst possible thing you can do. Nothing like a decent home cooked meal. Unfortunately about 30 days out of the year I obtain one of those. As Katie, Jonathan, Paul and numerous others have said, it does come down to life choices. I watch so many people from around the world and their eating habits as they travel...SCARY!!! To make matters worse here in the States it seems set up that in most cases to eat healthier is more expensive as you travel.

I am on the other side of the spectrum personally. For years I struggled to gain weight. But with choices and such I am happy with where I am now...Sitting in an aircraft for hours on end and then hire cars leads to feeling like a slug at times...it is in my contracts that if I am in in one location for more than 2 days the cost of shipping my mountain bike is covered by the client...that way I am at least getting a bit of exercise and most cases will ride my bike from my hotel to my meetings or to the construction sites...get a lot of funny looks but I am okay with that...

I have a friend of mine in Wellington Somerset, he cycles from there to Yeovil and back for work several times a week regardless of the weather...I always tell him it is because it beats the Megane...LOL!!!

It sounds from reading this thread and also a few of your others that you are doing this for the right reasons...be proud of yourself and remember that Rome was not conquered in a day...

Regards,

Christopher

Simon, stick at it. A couple of pounds off in one week is a sensible weightloss speed. And, there will be times when you won

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

I always get the tape measure out as well as stepping on the scales, there are times when your waist may be an inch smaller but you've not lost any weight.

Great Quote (Somebody famous, but I can't remember who actually said it.)

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hi Peeps

On May 1st I purchased an 88 Esprit Turbo from a bloke back in England and started the shipping process to Australia. At the time I was 112Kg and having seen some of you blokes in the Lotus position on forum pics decided that I should lose some lard myself in preperation for the work ahead. It's been a perfect oportunity, 10 weeks to wait for car, 10 weeks to lose some weight.

Basically I cut out almost all carbs Monday- Friday ( including beer ) and ate 'normally' on the weekends. The car arrives this week, and to greet it will be a bloke with his belt tightened 2 notches, shirts that hang like tents and a stealthy 99kg. It's the first time I've been on the right side of 100kg in 10 years. Here's the sting in the tail............. Missus thinks that because I've bought a Lotus I am now losing weight to help pull a 'young tot'. ( Her wording not mine ! ) :D

I just did a quick calculation, new money to old money and discovered that's over 2 stone.

Edited by stevem

Too many Toys are never enough !

"Missus thinks that because I've bought a Lotus I am now losing weight to help pull a 'young tot'."

And you're claiming you're not? :D

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I've gone from 118kgs to 106kgs in the last couple of months, looking forward to hitting double figures soon, well done Steve! :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Well, I'm not going to lie to you!

Its not been going well these last two weeks.

a week last Monday I weighed in @ 114kgs, that was a 0.2kg loss.

Last Monday I weighed in and it was..... 114kg... 0.0kg loss...

I've moved sites now so my weighing scales will have changed, not sure how thats going to affect the figures. No weigh in this Monday coming so the next update will be WC 13th July, thats after my mates wedding so I'm not hoping for great success...

I'm finding it difficult as it seems to me that not drinking and eating out = Booring.

It almost seems like fatter = Funner

I know this is a daft way to think, but trying to be good with the eating and drinking when everyone else is digging in makes you look like a right square. I keep getting encouraged, not to be good, but to 'go on its not going to hurt is it!'

Everyone else around me are significantly thinner than me, but when I try to be strong I just feel like I'm being an antisocial ass.

Don't get me wrong, I'm trying very hard, no cooked breakfasts ever, and eating as few calories as I can sociable get away with. Drinking has increased, but thats due to a number of parties over the last 2 weeks.

The future in weight loss is not as bright as it seemed, I don't like being the 'booring one', but I do want to keep loosing...

I guess as long as I don't put on thats something.

Well done to all you guys that are doing much better than me!

Chunky Lover

I've been deliberating about posting on this topic for some time, you see I'm only 76 kilos now, but it's not bringing me any comfort.

I was always one of these annoying smart arses, eat anything drink anything 65 kilos max, that was heavy for me, 60 was fit weight when racing. I cycled and played tennis, but I think it was just life, hypertension and all that, never put on weight.

6 years ago I was injured in a car accident, (not my fault) and was laid up for about 2 years, result 78 kilos, I've come a long way, with cycling and swimming and at one time little over a year ago I was down to 68.

Then I gave up smoking and drinking, now I'm fighting at 76 kilos it may not sound much but at my weight that's 20% over weight. I have no skills to combat weight gain, I don't over eat, I'm careful, I do have a repatriatry issue at the moment which I'm awaiting surgery for, so if I can get more oxegen through the system that may help, but I feel like little boy lost. Maybe I need to go on one these camps?

Roger :animier:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

105.5 :o

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Down from what heheh ?

I'm putting weight on.....but thats got more to do with the 200 push ups /situps and other stuff I do each day :o

facebook = [email protected]

Was 118kg 2.5 months ago, look up a couple of posts.

Evora NA

First weigh in since holiday......

Seeing as how I ate and drank so much I think holding my weight isn't too bad! :o

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Down from what heheh ?

I'm putting weight on.....but thats got more to do with the 200 push ups /situps and other stuff I do each day :P

And are we including the "12 ounce wrist curls" as part of the 200, Jonathan? :yes:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Being concious of wieght I did some research on oils, I found 10/40 was no good for chips. No I actually looked into oils to fry chips, I like chips, I found Avacardo oil to the one, but you can't get it, so I settled for peanut oil. I've just had my first chips fried in peanut oil, (I've got a chip fryer) I'm sold taste fantastic, not fattening, highly recommended.

I'm looking into a CLA supplement, or a natural intake, if anyone has any comments or observations.

Roger (oh and I'm down to 76 kilos) don't laugh that's a 5% loss.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Just had a new carpet installed in our bathroom and quite unexpectedly, I noticed that when I weighed myself on our bathroom scales, I had put on close to 5 kilograms.

What amazed me was that just the small amount of effort required to move the scales from the carpeted bathroom to the tiled area by the dressing room I had lost the 5 kilos gained.

Being concious of wieght I did some research on oils, I found 10/40 was no good for chips. No I actually looked into oils to fry chips, I like chips, I found Avacardo oil to the one, but you can't get it, so I settled for peanut oil. I've just had my first chips fried in peanut oil, (I've got a chip fryer) I'm sold taste fantastic, not fattening, highly recommended.

You can't beat chips cooked in lard, never mind your fancy oils!

Edited by stevem

Too many Toys are never enough !

Spoken like a true conesauer of British food, now what was it that Jacques Chirac said?