free hit
counters
TLF Fat Club - Page 5 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Simon350S

TLF Fat Club

we have an simple basic calculation over here. It say an male (adult) should have around the same Kg's as he is over the 1m range. So if you're a 1,78m guy you can have 75-80kg to be in good shape. Girls (adult) are just around 8-10kg under this 'calibration'...

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

with the term: *girls* (adult) - I mean 'women' !

So ..would say 10kg less than males !? it is as i can remind from one of the old data-sheets on the train stations, where people can test the weight. On the reverse of the recipe there was always an list with gender, age and hight. Bud this was over 25 years ago. Nowadays an more skinny look is common. Would say we are on the way back to *twiggy* ??

Bud i like an slim style on girls, more than non-proportional king-sized silicon and all that stuff. OK, to be fair -I'm not the 'slim person' i should be, bud as I'm fat it does not mean i like to be fat in general !

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

A few of us at work are going to try and loose some weight, raising a small amount for charity as we do it. Today was the initial weigh in. A colleague who is approx 2 inches taller than me made a comment about expecting to be the same weight as me. He weighed in at 15st 8, I weighed in at 17st12. To get from the "Very overweight to obese" BMI category to the "overweight" category, I need to loose 39lbs.

It's a state of mind.

Worked out alongside many ppl tying to lose weight - those that really want it get it, those who half want it but dont accept theres a fair bit of work to do just end up lighter in the wallet from gym and quasi diets and get the arse because it doesn't work and dont see results.

Often thought of getting my gym / personal instructor's certificate / qualification as there's good money to be had - I'd be like that guy from Band of Brothers though, 3 miles up, 3 miles down LOL

I'm still a big advocate of high protien diet and trying to put on some muscle at the gym - muscle mass increases your metabolism and the rate at which you burn calories.

Dieting alone ends up being a way of life which ultimatly is un-enjoyable and leads to failure. Do silly things like run up the stairs at home, get a pull up bar (one that goes in a doorway) - everytime you walk past it do as many smooth reps as you can (front/back hand) then hold the last one and raise your knees to chest as many times as you can and you'll see a difference very quickly.

Hard graft and discipline, saying that I'm just as bad, I should have been to the gym 3-4 times this week and made none of them LOL.

facebook = [email protected]

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8471451.stm

This is a kind of tangent within this thread, perhaps I should have started a seperate topic. Anyway, I picked up on this story and I'd be interested to read other people's thoughts on it.

My concern is where the airline say that they would not intervene if an obese passenger turned up and had not paid for an extra seat.

I have flown as both a large person and a slim one, but I never flew alone when I was large. Rather, we'd book a window seat and a middle seat, and any overspill on my part would go into the side of the plane and Jason.

Last year I flew to Nice and a very large man sat next to me. It was a dreadful experience; there are family members I would not want to sit that close to, never mind a complete stranger. I was virtually smothered by him, he was unable to use his own pull down tray, and insisted on resting his drink on my pull down tray. He also asked if he could have my leftovers. I seriously thought it was a wind up, candid camera or something. But no.

It's a delicate subject, I have no problem with the obese boarding planes. But surely there has to be a little more common sense, and thought for fellow passengers?

Edited by Katie

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Put on half a stone over Christmas, two cooked meals a day for two weeks and not being on my feet all day did that of course.

Three weeks back at work with the now usual Cereal - fruit in the day - and one cooked meal at night and it's all straight back off.

:(

I could have guessed it exactly it's that mechanical with me now, for example two weeks with a bagette or a couple of latte's during each day would also be about half a stone. In the college you can have free cooked breakfast, dinner, and then some go home and have tea. You can spot the folk that do mind!

Oh and i still of course have at least one chocolate bar a day (cream eggs at the moment, yippee!), and perhaps a beer.

:)

Not looking forward to the weigh-ion tomorrow. Been in Scotland to a few days, so fried breakfast (including haggis, black pudding, sausage etc) each day, curry last night (I fore-went the haggis pakora), McD the night I arrived (late arrival, hotel main restaurant closed hours before I arrived etc etc. So much for the 3 3/4 lbs lost in the first 4 days.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/8471451.stm

This is a kind of tangent within this thread, perhaps I should have started a seperate topic. Anyway, I picked up on this story and I'd be interested to read other people's thoughts on it.

My concern is where the airline say that they would not intervene if an obese passenger turned up and had not paid for an extra seat.

I have flown as both a large person and a slim one, but I never flew alone when I was large. Rather, we'd book a window seat and a middle seat, and any overspill on my part would go into the side of the plane and Jason.

Last year I flew to Nice and a very large man sat next to me. It was a dreadful experience; there are family members I would not want to sit that close to, never mind a complete stranger. I was virtually smothered by him, he was unable to use his own pull down tray, and insisted on resting his drink on my pull down tray. He also asked if he could have my leftovers. I seriously thought it was a wind up, candid camera or something. But no.

It's a delicate subject, I have no problem with the obese boarding planes. But surely there has to be a little more common sense, and thought for fellow passengers?

I'm sure that Kylie Smith would agree with you as she was recently sandwiched between two large ladies with body odour on a recent flight.

To get an extra seat when there are empty seats on the flight is no biggie and it makes for more comfort all round. As for the 25% discount, seems that it's available to all.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

haggis pakora

God i'd have had that!

:)

One other thing i should state that i ate this week, and i'm sure it's a great weight loss meal...

We needed to defrost the freezer (finally empty now) so it has been a using things up kinda week. Huge bag of brussel sprouts took several meals to clear up, we had a sausage casserole that had about 70% sprout content. But the one i recommend is what Vicki made on Tuesday night: I give you 'Sprout curry'. The little buggers tasted just ace curried and i'm sure it must be virtually calorie free as it hardly touches the sides on it's way through you from mouth to pan.

Highly recommended.

:(

Did once see fried sprouts on a menu in Alabama. Unfortunately, I was on the way out so I didn't get to try them

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

The problem with sprouts is that most people overcook them and they boil them for hours.

I am a fan of brussel sprouts and have them whenever I can.

Back to the thread I have lost 7lb since xmas. smile.gif Lots to go but I'm heading in the right direction.

Ok. Here's what it's about. (provided Bibs does not mind me plagiarising TLF)

The Lose Fat Worldwide Challenge

So I'll go first.

I'll admit it. Since I stopped tiling (when I was 78 kg) for a living and I'm stuck at a desk for a majority of the day, I've put weight back on. I am now working to get it off.:wallbash:

Details:

Height: 175 cm

Weight: 94 kg

Fat %: 31% (according to our scales at home)

I plan on doing the exercise that I have planned for myself and posting my weekly result here, say every Sunday night.

Having said that, I'll only do so if I'm joined by any other people.:D

Come on everyone. Let's see what we can collectively lose. And think of the side benefit to your car. Speed via lightness :D

Michael

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Does the originator of the original topic have to participate?

Seems he's still somewhat of a fatty, but not sure he's in the right place/time in his life to do something about it!

Chunky Lover

Well I'm hoping to have lost a bit by tomorrow's weigh-in, tonight I was the same as last Friday morning, so the usual rule of lighter in the morning is really needed this week. Overall I had lost 8lbs in 3 weeks, stupidly I committed to loosing the remaining 4lbs (to take me down to 17st) in the last 2 weeks of the works 100lbs challenge (20 of us, 5 weeks, 1lb / week each).

I'd be happy with 15 - 15 1/2 stones, it's about right for my height. I've lost another 3lbs in a week, that cannot be sustained unless I were to reduce my intake further / do exercise to burn it off. Having lost 11lbs in 4 weeks with a trip to Scotland which involved a two night (2 fried breakfasts) stop in a hotel, a curry night and a golden arches burger meal I think I could have taken it slower, but I'm determined to get to that 15 1/2 (may over-shoot) in less than 6 months. So that's averaging 1 1/2 lbs / week for just under 6 months.

I was 17 1/2 stone in October and 2 double chins. Am now 14 stone, so 3 1/2 stone loss in just over 3 months. I did it by eating smaller portions but still drink the same.

Well done Mark, hard to think of you at that weight !

The portion system works well - Lots of ppl think dieting is hell becuase they have to eat rabbit food for months on end and by simply cooking what they normally cook and throwing 1/4 of it away you can achieve similar results.

facebook = [email protected]

Harsh!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators