free hit
counters
TLF Fat Club - Page 7 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Simon350S

TLF Fat Club

Gunter...you probably have "internal fat". That's when it surrounds all your internal organs, inside the skeletal structure...and thus doesn't show much. I have been told that that's the very worst sort as far as health goes. Just thought I'd cheer you up!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

hope my really fat ass is helping me on this, some other health-care information sources say that this is more important.. !?

...if you compare that with the pictures from last years *factory frolic*, it seems there is a consistent point of 'non-proportional ass'

2009 ...still fat on the 'bum' end

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

post-1463-126616284984.jpg

Squirrel Hunting Season in East Germany?

(hold still, you little varmint!)

biggrin.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

good activities for diet-plans LCD-event , Taunus'06

Mom was eating Squirrels last time in 1945/46

Buy the book or try http://tinyurl.com/ykpu85c :)

I would have thought you're at a pretty healthy weight already Roger? Unless you're 4ft tall?

Thanks for the link Laura, I'm on the Atkins diet as we speak, he'd better measure up or I'll put him the list.

Clicky

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Seriously Roger, you need to speak to your doctor before dieting. You're already below the 25th percentile and losing weight would, in my untrained opinion, be very unhealthy.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

^ ^ you're right.

Atkins does work - for some people. In theory it should work for all people, if we were all the same that is....

I've seen people drop weight like the a zeppelin, I've also seen people get very ill from it.

My bod for example can take pretty much anything you can throw at it - I dont gain or lose a pound, the only time I put weight on was when I was taking 3500+ calories a day.

The main issue is people cut fat from their diet - or dont have enough - you cannot live without fat end of story - you cannot also live without energy.

A lot of bad atkins is where people dig out on meat and other high protiens and suffer extreme exhaustion (esp in the gym) because there is no energy there to power the body - Protien can be used by the body as an energy source but it needs energy to convert it in the 1st place.

I dunno why you need to drop to a low weight but the best way to lose weight healthily is to moderate everything, exercise and be sensible.

If you're dropping weight slowly then thats ideal for you - let it be and carry on, slower is better. As I say some people can healthily drop a stone in under a month, but not everyone is the same.

facebook = [email protected]

Seriously Roger, you need to speak to your doctor before dieting. You're already below the 25th percentile and losing weight would, in my untrained opinion, be very unhealthy.

It was my doctor who recomended the Atkins diet. See, I'm 5' 4" and have been around 60-65 kilos as a fit weight most of my life, it's only post accident I have gained weight, so target is to get down to 65 and then re-apraise. As well as, today I'm tajking the kayak out (good fun) tomorrow is my swimming coach, Friday Cycling and swimming.

Next week back to Uni, just to interupt my rutine.

Think of the cost savings, no carbon fibre panels required! and Kimbers would be down right enveous of how easily I can get in and out of my car. :)

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

just as an strange sidenote:

What was it on what Mr. Atkins died ?

..and how old was he :wacko:

His death had no relevance to his diet.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Did he get "Put upon the list"?

the-godfather-marlon-brando.jpg

:lol:

Evora NA

just as an strange sidenote:

What was it on what Mr. Atkins died ?

..and how old was he :lol:

At died at age 72 as a result of blunt impact injury of head with epidural haematoma (he slipped over on some ice & hit his head causing bleeding around the brain).

If you're inferring that he 'died of his own diet' as many do, he was just short of 6ft and weighed 195lbs when he was admitted to hospital which would put him in the slightly overweight category with a BMI of around 26/27 (25 or below being classed as 'healthy' for an average middle aged man).

there was a comment in the radio yesterday, saying this man died on a heard-attack (what would enlighten the reason to fall..) -and he was 'overweight'... . :lol:

Thought I'd better ask someone who is more involved with this whole thing.

He fell because it was icy, I don't believe the fall was a result of a heart attack!

He did develop Cardiomyopathy year before he died which is an incurable heart condition which has quite a few different causes; his was thought to be from a viral illness (his coronary arteries were reported to have been checked at that time and found to be free of blockages). Cardiomyopathy makes it more likely that a person will have a heart attach, which he did two years later. Aparantly His cardiologist stated that (other than the cardiomyopathy), Atkins had "an extraordinarily healthy cardiovascular system" and the heart attack was not diet related.

I don't know this because I followed the diet or am 'involved' I just googled and the information is widely available.

I only feel a slight pain in my back, caused (as I think..) by the simply 'overweight' body-mass, and the loss on activity (the studies mean to sit in a room for the whole day -compared with truck mechanic/service works started by the age of 16 ) ..a simple logic of changed biophysical stresses.

But as I'm for simple reasons not generally on an Atkins-diet it should not be a sign for diet-caused problems !?

..those high-protein concentrated foods [fat-free cheese,vegetarian meat derivatives and so on..] are really expensive, compared with carbohydrates and fat based meals.

I'm sorry Gunter, I'm not really sure I understand your post or what you're getting at?

Atkins is just one of many ways of losing weight (at it's high fat, medium protein and low carb for what it's worth), nobody is saying it's the right, wrong or only way to lose weight.

If you want to lose some weight do it how it best suits you. If that be low fat, calorie counting, low carb, exercise intensive, VLCD meal replacement, support program or whatever is best for you.

It absolutely comes down to what works best for you, though finding that out can take quite some time. For me, to not gain weight, I have to avoid carbs like the plague. Yet I am fine eating cheese, low fat milk, quality meats, veggies...but not carrots,peas,sweetcorn,potatoes (carbs)

I have drawn the conclusion that opinions on diets are a bit like arseholes....everyone's got one!!

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

thought the Atkins system means to eat a lot of meat, as for the proteins in it ?!

And that's why there is all that confusion with this special diet. The people who go that way can still eat all the heavy meals -but loose surprisingly a lot of weight... .

What I meant in the post above is: In the moment I try to get as many proteins in every meal as possible -but without fat or carbohydrates. Some information pages say that the body needs an decent amount of protein, but can work without all those external fats or sugar.

The weight seems to be stable on an area of 112-115kg. The only notable pain is some with the spine (or just the mussels in the lower backside).

Atkins is not about eating as much meat as you can, more like eating as few carbs as you can. It is a high fat diet not low fat, on a low cab diet your body needs fat to keep your calorie intake up and avoid going in to starvation mode (plus generally most low fat products contain additional sugars). If you really want to know about it google it & go to the Atkins website. Then you can make an informed decision about what sort of diet is best for you.

As for back pain, I'd suggest speaking to your doctor.

As for back pain, I'd suggest speaking to your doctor.

..or just change the basis-construction of your bed :)

sidenote: do we have an leader-board with the losses of stones for each one , as mentioned by someone some time ago -this forum-theme could be an dietary diary ?!

I actually managed to achieve a total weight loss of 14 stones about 3 years ago. I was told by my GP to gain a stone, as I had gone too thin, which I have done so.

Maintaining weightloss is more difficult than achieving weightloss, in my opinion.

I've found the same, Katie...it's a fight to lose the stuff, but - for me - it's always been impossible to STAY there. Congrats on doing so..and being someone else who has lost the equivalent of at least one other person...or two , if you count Size Zero types!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

The whole dieting industry is geared towards getting people to lose weight. There is really little out there on maintenance, though it is infact a question of common sense and constant application of self discipline. Easier said then done. Easy to understand why people lose the battle; 96% of weightloss losers gain it all back and more. Maintanance is not easy, and unless you make permanent lifestyle changes, maintenance will be incredibly difficult. Go on a diet and you are pretty much setting yourself up to fail....once you come off the diet.

I feel I have worked out that whilst I was losing the weight, the was a consistent jubilation and celebration for every pound lost, it was fantastic. That can be no more, it's quite a loss in itself, and is easy to see why people take dieting too far. According to my GP, I did, and I have subsequently gained a stone and back at size 10. A a senior colleague at work even asked me if I had cancer when I was down at my lowest weight.

I went at the weight loss quite hard for a few weeks while we had a challenge at work (18 of us, 5 weeks, try to loose 100lbs between us, we missed it by circa 25lbs), and I managed to loose 11 llbs in the 5 weeks. Now I'll be happy to loose one lb a week for a while, and get back down to around 16 st, but all I've had to do is cut out the rubbish.

Chocolate = 2 squares @ 55cal per square instead of the whole 10 squares a day.

Dessert, no custard, creamed rice etc, have fruit.

Biscuits, have one or two per day, not a coffee and 400g of bourbon each time.

Lunch, no pizza or 6inch sausage roll with my salad

So I'm still having my salad for lunch which is around 500 cal (people think salad is nothing). So, when I reach a suitable weight, I'll not stop eating the healthy salad for lunch, I'll just allow myself to have a cup of soup with it or something.

Each day while I'm at work I have this lunch, ad have done (allowing for some changes) for approx 12 months.

Lettuce, 1/2 little gem

Mushrooms, 2 or 3 closed cup chestnut type

Beetroot, oner whole one the size of a tennis ball

Turnip (English definition, small round, mainly white, green at top)

Celeriac, 1/5

Cucumber 1-2 inches

Carrot, 100g

It's amazing how much better I felt physically after switching to the salad for lunch, I haven't had a day off sick, or even felt like having a day off sick. I've had a couple of colds when others around me have had them, but I only notice it by the fact I had a day of having to blow my nose. Others around me had the swine 'flu, in fact I was at the desk where everybody came to tell us they had it and were going home sick, I had a couple of days of sneezing, that was it.

the change in diet could have been coincidence, but it seems unlikely when I compare how I used to be 2 years ago, heavy colds, 'flu once a year etc.

If you don't eat healthily, you probably don't realise how different you can feel just by changing the types of things you eat, not just less calories. I wouldn't have believed it had somebody told me before hand. I did it because I was conscious how much processed foods i was eating and very little fresh fruit & veg. Now I don't plan to move away from it.