free hit
counters
TLF Fat Club - Page 8 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Fat Club

Simon350S

As of today.

Still 93 kg but body fat according to the scales is down to 28%, so I'm looking at that as a good sign. :rolleyes:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK Atkins diet gurus, what can I have for breakfast, cereal seems to be out, I've come up with a diced bacon omlette, but what can have that's easy first thing in the morning?

Down to 71 kilos, soon be back in the 60's :rolleyes::yes::animier: :animier:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Have whatever you like as long as it's on the list of allowed foods. If you're serious about following the diet get yourself a copy of the book if you haven't already & it will answer just about every question you may have, for now have a look around the Atkins website. http://www.atkins.com/Recipes.aspx

Having spectacularly screwed my back up last week and been flat on it ever since. I ventured onto the scales this morning fearing the worst, to have gained all I have lost in the last week – 10 days.

But no, I have dropped another half kilo, may not be much but half a kilo off is better than 2 on.

I’m beginning to like this Atkins guy. :welcome:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• 4 weeks later...

As it's been almost a month since anyone has posted to this thread, I figured it was my community dutyinnocent.gif to stir things up a bit--an altruistic effort to get things rolling again.devil.gif

Fair warning: don't click on this link if colourful language unduly offends.

Moderators: If this link is pushing the envelope a wee bit too much, feel free to delete it. No offence will be taken. I fully understand that not everyone's sense of humour is as depraved as mine.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Providing squirrels of wisdom is a hobby of mine.

I have nothing against the Atkins Diet per se. It seems to work for many people. But I do find some of the recommendations/permissables to be somewhat puzzling. As much as I like bacon, for instance, I just can't wrap my head around it as being a "health food." Maybe I simply don't grasp "the big picture" sufficiently. Conceptually I can understand the idea of "fat energy" substituting for "carb energy," but my cardiologist (and his associates) seem to think that a reduction in fat intake is a good dietary practice for everyone. Naturally, they are focused on vascular issues, but heart disease is right up there withThe Big C in its effect on mortality.

John. I know someone on Atkins and he and his lovely lady have both lost oodles of weight. My wife lost 2 stone on it 2 years ago and I.....am a carb addict so couldn't do it for love nor money.

So back to topic. I officially join the fat Club today after booking my first gym session with a personal trainer for later today. Fingers crossed but the flab fight starts now.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Well I'm down from 80 kilos and just about to break into the 60's, 65 being the target. The good thing, having been very inactive for month (back) I didn't put it back on, so I'm hoping be down into the 60's in the next 10 days. So so far Atkins is OK with me! :D

Yikes!

Weighed and blood pressure done.

140/80 which is average. 245lbs which is........WTF! 245lbs???? Where the hell did that come from? Thats 17 stone 3lbs! Holy Crapola!

You'll be glad to know that my legs now feel like Jelly, my arms don't work (I'm typing this with my dose) and I ache all over!

Overall a very satisfactory feeling!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

AP Wire

NYC

1423 EDT

Investigators are still trying to determine the precise cause of a Coffs Harbour, Australia, resident's sudden appearance on the Island of Rotuma, the northern most island of the Fiji Islands group, the somewhat elderly but distinguished white male having drifted leaflike from the skies to the sands of Itu' Muta beach, and immediately standing out like the proverbial sore thumb amongst the indigenous ethnic populace. The natives, completely struck dumb by the unexpected appearance, quickly established a new cult following devoted to their new diety from the clouds. A translator engaged by our jounalist on the scene stated that the closest approximation of the new cult's name may loosly be interpeted to mean "He who is in serious need of poi and bread."

Calls to Coffs Harbour seeking more information about the man revealed that he had recently adopted a diet regimen leading to a dramatic drop in weight to just under 60 kilos, and that he had last been seen kayaking just offshore of the Bongil Bongil National Park beach, north of Tuckers Rock. Witnesses stated that a rather large squall developed shortly after the man launched his craft, and that the wind reached velocities sufficient to lift him bodily from his vessel. Observers lost sight of the unfortunate soul as he soared skyward in an easterly direction. The empty kayak later beached itself on the sands, and may be viewed at www.thelotusforums.com in the F1 topic thread---or maybe it was the Skunk thread. Whatever.

In related news, a contingent of vacationing U.S. English teachers have besieged the Coffs Harbour Chamber of Commerce and the local office of the Australian Consulate, demanding to know why Australians refuse to insert apostrophes in their place names, e.g., Coff's, Tucker's, etc.

End wire

1425 EDT

• 1 month later...

69.7 kilos :):animier::):animier::band::animier:

Only 4.7 to go to reach target. (that's all the way from 80)

Ive been having a do at the cambridge diet.....

just keep doing a couple of weeks at a time.....

even tho they say you should stick to it for 8~12 weeks, I couldnt be bothered.....

anyway Ive found that I prefer doing it my way (with thier approval too) and to date 3stone 2lb.

I am now about half a stone away from what Id targeted.....and its only taken me 3 months.....

I do think that this thread is brill.....I reckon its given alot of those who'd just think about it the motivation to get on with it.....

congrats to all who've lost and those who are losing keep it up...... :thumbsup:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 1 month later...

Well down to 67 now, and still hoping to make target of 65 by the end of July.

One thing puzzles me still, why is weight loss a series of steps rather than regular reduction. What I mean is that for me its been loose a couple of kilos then it stabilises for a week maybe, then a few more and so on. I'm not doing anything different it's just that every few days nothing then a reduction then level out then a reduction, Why?

Well.... Roger, I'm glad your doing well...

Its always been said to me that the only time you can diet is when you feel you need/want/are ready to....

Imagine my supprise when 2 days ago I was 'put on' the Slimming world diet.... Why?

Because I've put on so much weight since I met Lisa and I'm now massively obese? NO!

Its cause she's put on weight since weve been togeather and wants to loose it, thus I should also as thats only fair! Eh?

I'm exactly the same weight now as I was when we met...

First day on said new diet yesterday, started morning in a strop, couldn't find any bread to make me sarnies, this turns out to be because our bread is now brow, my eyes didn't register it was even in the kitchen! LOL Anyways, in a strop I took my portion of slimming world curry n rice, but substituted it with 2 x microwave pizzas and 2 x cans of full fat coke...

ROCK ON! :horse:

Chunky Lover

Your body adapts in different ways.

I can eat like a trooper one week and not put an ounce on, next week I can be too busy to eat much and be wasting 2000 calories a day and still not drop much at all.

Hand on heart I have not weighed myself in months, I can tell you my weight now is 11st.4 (gonna check) - (back) OK scales say I am 11st.4.8 - pretty kin accurate.

Reason being is I dont deviate much from that weight regardless and I can guess my own weight very accuratly.

On a grand scale, the basis of the way the bodyworks is simple maths, but in short terms the body is far more complex.

You'll probably find the body was losing fat a bit too quickly than what it felt happy with and stored some back, I've seen people who eat NOTHING, like 800 calories a day get fat becuase the body is being starved it turns anything it can into fat to try and sustain itself over a long period. This is why they say, healthy mixed diet with exercise.

There are a myriad of ways the body will react to a substantial change in it's make up (which is what you're doing). The body sometimes resists a change from the norm, people losing weight sometimes find this, they eat well and work hard but dont lose a pound, whilst others in their class loose 24 lbs in a month ! They loose hope and give up - the reason is the body in one person is different to the other, one persons body might be going "thank F for that lets shift this fat" the others might be "no wait, I'm quite happy with it as it is".

Same with physical training in the opposite direction, you have to teach your body to respond and the way it gets there is not necessarily a linear process.

facebook = [email protected]

I go to the gym 4 days a week, aint I a good girl?

Have only lost a couple of pounds but have shrunk my waist by 2 inches!!!

It's hard not to focus on weight but I think it's more important to feel and look good however much you weigh.

Edited by Boots

Muscle weights 18% more / volume than fat, plus the larger the muscle is (even surface muscles toned by light, repetative exercise like walking) the more it can store energy as well, so it's more like 20%.

Lean people often suprise themselves how heavy they are, weight measurements are sometimes very deceptive - a better way to measure it is a % of faaaat vs your total body weight.

Try:

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html#accurate

I would consider myself good-very physically fit and got 13.1% (I do have a little paunch lol)

Anyways all this talk of exercise, I'm gonna go put some calories to the sword ! :sorcerer:

facebook = [email protected]

Can you explain the measurements on that link Jonathan, apparently at 67 kilos I'm obese! unsure.gif

Mark, thats very well done, although hardly supprising as your breakfasts are so small...

Was that just a starter? How many pieces of bread and butter were on the side? Should have been atleast 4 and there needs to be at the very least double that number of bacon, sausage and eggs...

Come on, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, put some effort into it! :sorcerer:

Chunky Lover