free hit
counters
parts name and parts reference - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hello,

since few weeks I'm a new Esprit french owner, a 1979 S2, but not in perfect condition. There are cracks and holes from the manifold to the silencer (!), and the previous owner didn't care coming his car in the garage and brokes the front on the bottom (as you see on the following pictures). As you can read me I was not the first for the english lesson at school, I have to buy parts but I don't know exactly parts names, so I want to order at SJ Sportcar with a little help (from my friends......)

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8184/exhaustc.jpg

exhaustc.th.jpg

exhaust1.th.jpg

Part A: 12 studs for headcylinder, is it this reference A912E2529F ??, and 12 nuts.

Part B: 3 studs with 3 nuts, reference ?

Part C: 2 pipes in 1 like a downpipe,name and reference ?

Part D: 3 bolts with 3 nuts reference ?

Part E: same part D ?

Part F: a pipe, name and reference ?

What are:

the " STAINLESS STEEL M8 FLAT WASHER For use with exhaust manifold nuts ref SJ652 ?

LOCKING NUT (For exhaust fixings, M8) Copper coated locking nut. ref SJ 573 ?

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1981/radiatorx.jpg

radiatorx.th.jpg

Part G: a big fiberglass part to canalize air to radiator, name and reference ?

Part H: plastic support (in one part !), name and reference ?

Best regards

oldcarburator

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live near Limoges too ! at St Denis des Murs (30 km). And you ?

...it's a small world! :)

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

I'm near Bellac

We also have Mike Sekinger who's not too far away also. We will have to meet up. As an ex S2 owner I'd be interested to see your car.

Regards

Mat

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

matk, I will contact you by private message to meet you when I'm going at home. For my job I travel and I must to see AC DC in Paris, I hope you understand !

So today I subscribe to Club Esprit and download the official entire parts manual. (thank you for the link)

Part C is the downpipe, but at SJ sportcart I don't see downpipe for Serie 2, is it for sale ?

Part F is intermediate pipe, but like previous part I don't see intermediate pipe at SJ, is it "special pipe with no silencer Serie 2" ?

Part H in parts manual is " Cowl, radiator fan" , is it the same part that " Radiator fan cowling S2 & 3" at SJ Sportcar ?

When there aren't pictures on SJ website I'm lost !

J

A phone call to Steve at S&J always helps...(as long as he's not too stressed!)..best to phone through an order anyway.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Hi Jeremy

Look forward to it. The part "H" you refer to has twice been in previous factory sale lists. You should check out the latest sale list to see if it is available. IIRC it was something dirt cheap like

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here's some news since two months.

I went to thelotuscentre buy the exhaust manifold with different cast iron and shape. I took a used cowl radiator fan (little miracle !). After I went to SJ Sportcars and I took downpipe, rear silencer, clutch master and slave, clutch hose, brake hose, pad and repair kit for the 4 calipters and a lot of little parts. During my holidays ( one week) I wanted change the maximum parts. I did a plan: 2 days for the exhaust, 1 day for clutch, 2 days for brakes, 1 day for cambelt, oil and filters. Finally the exhaust manifold required 5 days :P . There's no space between chassis and engine ! And after there are nuts ! Actually all my exhaust is new and on the car, I wait the intermediate pipe from SJ.

collecteurv.th.jpg

collecteur1.th.jpg

J