free hit
counters
Basic & quick mods - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What, if any, somewhat quick and cheap mods are there for a Turbo Esprit HC? I've read through a lot of old messages, but many modifications people talk about seem labor or cost intensive. What I'm looking for are the one day DIY projects that a person with basic mechanical skills can do. I know on the Cobra Mustang I once had, simple changes like a throttle body, MAM, plugs/wires, CAT back system, or intake improved the engine output and breathing. You could do all that in a day and not have any down time. But, working on a Esprit is very much different from a Ford...

So are there any such mods? I'm not looking to build a rocket or anything, but in every car I've ever owned, I've seen a huge improvement in just opening up the efficiency of the engine a little. Better throttle response, better fuel economy, more consistant power through the band, and so on.

Adam

PS Sorry, I think I just put this in the wrong forum, and can't delete it... Ooops :(

Edited by ABorkat

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, well, I'm sure a mod will move it, at least you realised the error.

I wouldn't look to do much in the way of mods if I were you as you'll be on the Citroen box and it's not a great idea to go far beyond the original spec with those, but that doesn't mean do nothing.

First, air filter, go for a decent free flowing one, K&N Green cotton or similar.

Then, make sure the engine is tuned correctly, carb balance, mixture & timing etc, the work in getting a car back to original engine spec is normally a lot cheaper but a lot more cost effective in terms of BHP per