free hit
counters
wooden boards in back of lotus esprit s1 (1978)? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

wooden boards in back of lotus esprit s1 (1978)?

Can anyone tell me the size of the plywood boards that go in the back of the lotus esprit s1 (1978). I have 8 boards (including the 2 higher shelves) but i believe they have been cut and hacked in several places. I believe the originals were straighter but am not sure?! Please help as the car is on a quick restoration and this is one of my jobs to sort in next few weeks!

Cheers

Rich

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gav,

I need the actual dimensions of the boards though - as mine have been cut into all sorts of shapes - I'm pretty sure the originals were more straight and perpendicular/parallel to each other. simple shapes.

Do you have any sizes? Photos of yours?

Rich

TonyK is arriving tomorrow with some templates so I can make some new boards for mine. I will take some photos of what I get done along with some measurements. It may take a few days but I'll try to do it asap.

Edited by GavinS1

Cheers, Gavin

• 2 weeks later...

Post us some pics of how it turns out.

The wood covers that are under/behind the hatch latch, and cover the taillamp wiring....has anyone replaced those with aluminium? I just can't bring myself to putting wood there. I know it's just me and having a personal thing about wood being in the car but I have to replace the bits behind both taillamps and it seems working with metal is way easier. I doubt the result will have any compromises either.

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

sorry all but I completely ran out of time before I had to leave home on business. I will take some photographs with measurements next time I'm with the car, which will be in a few weeks.

Cheers, Gavin

It is an idea to replace the whole wooded area with a more suitable material like alumininium + sound proofing - am trying to keep my s1 restoration as original as poss though. Gav - I have many other areas on the s1 to get up to scratch before the boards go in so no rush....when you have time I'd still like the measurements if poss and a few pics.

Nice one,

Rich