free hit
counters
Need pics of Kelsey Hayes Brake System - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Need pics of Kelsey Hayes Brake System

Anyone have any good close up pics of the Kelsey Hayes brake master cylinder/servo and the abs modulator/controller? I think I may have found the car they came from....need pics of the 97-98 system and a newer one 99-2003.

Once I know for sure I will add to the cross reference list. :detective:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ABS controller part number from a 97 V8 is KH13038701

It looks identical to this, but the part in the picture is from the Opel/Vauxhall Vectra and is part number KH130039901

post-45-1245151220_thumb.jpg

The service manual talks about the ABS controller being specifically configured/calibrated for the Esprit V8. I'd be nervous about fitting such a safety critical part just because it looked the same.

Regards,

Peter.

I agree, a headlight switch is one thing. Braking systems are a complete other! I don't think that saving a few hundred over a "similar" device is worth the chance I'd like to take with my life and those I share the road with.

• 2 weeks later...

does the Tech-1 change/recalibrate the ABS controller by any chance ? As the reference given in the manuals is *choose Opel* MY *..* and so on. Would mean [in my opinion] that basic setup (on what the data cartridges refer..) is mostly GM/OPEL ..!?

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

wasn't there an note in the manual about brake system diagnosis with Tech-1 ? Or was that the section for the 'old' GM cars (Esprit SE).

..will look into it again to see what goes wrong in my brain .. :unworthy:

you're right !

..those phrases about *Opel* mapping-references are only noticed in the Sections of the Alarm-ECM. Bud the GM [Delco] brake systems of older cars (4 pot, pre '96 ? ) also reminds me on some US [GM] cars.

My question is now: Is the *KH* -system really unique ? Or is it an Bosch derivative [license] product (as some details on the connectors show..) With other words: can an Bosch-shop handle parts supply and/or diagnosis/repairs

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 1 year later...