free hit
counters
Love my '85 Giugiaro S3T.. - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
f1karting

Love my '85 Giugiaro S3T..

Its been a while since Ive been on the forum.. so to update you..

After about a years work, I finally finished the 85 project and have now put a few good miles on her.

After some mods and tuning we got some great numbers on the dyno, and with some spirited driving under her belt, have discovered just how well an old Giugiaro can be made to handle and how well mannered one can be. This car has exceeded my expectations in all respects. Its an amazing car!

I am also working on the '84 Esprit S3R project (road/comp super-leggera)

At this point I have the 8-point cage installed, the 300mm 4-pot brakes and all the double adjustable coil overs and adjustable suspension links done and have most of the molds ready for the CF body bits. The engine is at Omni-Tech in the USA getting a lightened crank, 550gm pauter rods and custom built CP pistons for the GT2871 turbo and 321 tubular manifold setup we are building. The gearbox will be a UN1-26 fabricated to work with inboard brakes.

I am looking forward to completing the engine and pulling CF body parts in the next few months, while I also work to remove the cage and bodyshell to prep the chassis for powder coat and reassembly.

I am excited about getting the S3R completed,

Ill try and keep you updated on the progress and if anyone is interested in the project, please feel free to email me. Jan

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Jan

Your post has been edited and I've tried to PM you to explain, but your inbox is full. Can you empty?

Mat

Mod Team

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Some pics would be nice :)

Cheers,

Bjørn

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

"If it isn't leaking, it's empty" - Comment from a British sportscar enthusiast after being made aware of an oil slick under his car

Lotus Car Club Norway (LCCN) - lccn.no

LCCN on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/LotusCarClubNorway/

Used to have tons of pics in the garage section in the old forum site.. don't know what happened, bit of PITA to go and redo it all again.

That said, albeit a bit slow.. I am getting serious on the project car.. now I have decided to replicate the LeMans/ SCCA Esprit dry sump setup.

GTO are currently building me a CR UN1 with an ATB LSD.

The inboard brakes on the UN1 are 50% completed.

Mat.. Not even sure where the inbox is anymore??

OK heres my S3R resto page for all you nutters that are interested.. :)

F1 Motorsports - Lotus Restoration Page

ONE word for this:

Outstanding!!!!!! Very , very nice job done here, congrats.

all the best and good luck with the project,

Harry Martens

www.ds-vitesse.com

with kind regarDS,

Harry Martens

www.ds-vitesse.com

Much appreciated Harry... Ill try and keep adding to it to keep it interesting and up to date.. Ill come back here and bump it once in a while as long as the mods are OK with that.

Its way too hard to do a detailed posting here unfortunately.. Unless I just havnt figured it out :)

Post more pics! What an awesome project! Like the suspension upgrade. What are you trying for spring rates? Were you able to get the front suspension geometry dialed in for the new lower ride height?

Best,

Jeff

www.espritturbo.com

Our projects and restorations are soon going to be blogs, it's very 21st century, simple and a much better way of documenting the car...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/index.php?app=blog

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Wow, excellent project!!!

I can't wait for the next update on facebook :)

Bjørn

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

"If it isn't leaking, it's empty" - Comment from a British sportscar enthusiast after being made aware of an oil slick under his car

Lotus Car Club Norway (LCCN) - lccn.no

LCCN on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/LotusCarClubNorway/

Just been studying your posts and photos. Very impressed with what you're doing here. Also your fiberglass work and subtle changes to the bumper profiles creates a new look for the G's. I never liked those slabs of 4x4 for the front and rear bumpers. Looking forward to seeing it painted.

Somebody else here, can't recall who, has reshaped the hatch to the S4 style with a cover over the rear vertical window. He's also done a very stylish job that's sympathetic to the G's angular lines too.

DanR

Facebook page has been updated with latest addition to the project

Alloy flywheel added.. FW and PP mods have saved 6.5lbs in overall and reciprocating mass.

F1 Motorsports - Lotus Restoration

If anyone can help, I am looking for an intake cam cover with the oil filler cap located in the middle or forward to clear the factory intercooler.

If you have one pls send me a pm or message on my S3R FB page

thx Jan

Also.. BTW If anyone needs parts, I have the entire original 84 S3T parts and components available, everything.. less body and chassis .. all in good condition. I would prefer to box it all in one package if I can vs part in bits and pieces.

Edited by f1karting

Guest WausauLotus

Jan-

Sent you a PM yesterday regarding potential 84 S3T parts but you mail box is full.

Get in touch with me.

Dave..............................Wausau, Wisconsin

Hey folks.. Hope all is well. Its been a while since I visited. The restoration page has got lots of new information posted..

http://www.facebook....178516808826230

Edited by f1karting