free hit
counters
Essex Random Images....... - Page 7 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content


IGNORED

Essex Random Images.......


nello

Recommended Posts

On 20 February 2016 at 04:33, nello said:

Not strictly Essex but as I'd mentioned about the Sunbeam .............. heres ACBC at the wheel of one - an image I'd not seen before:

ronnie_peterson_colin_chapman__great_bri

Hi I don't think this is a Sunbeam. It looks like a MK2 Escort.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 20/02/2012 at 00:24, mayesprit said:

photo-138.jpg

WOW!

I hadn't seen this thread before. The Essex G Esprit is definitely gorgeous to look at. What a colour combination. However, this V8 is stunning as well! It is suprising what that design does for any Esprit, it makes it look so low and long. Is this one still in Essex livery?

I love it!

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think that image is a computer game image Image Alan :) Think forza ?  The car does look super cool but i think the alloy wheels may look better with last model v8 alloy wheels the sort of ones with spokes if you know what i mean lol :blush:

  • Like 2

A

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder how much it would cost to get those made up - I have a blue V8 :) and really like the colour scheme. Maybe a bit boy racer - but surely boy racer with style (well some possibly).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, march said:

I wonder how much it would cost to get those made up - I have a blue V8 :) and really like the colour scheme. Maybe a bit boy racer - but surely boy racer with style (well some possibly).

About three hundred quid for that level of removable wrap. Fookin' awesome. Do it! 

  • Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This could answer a question that I've been wondering since I was 8 years old. It was 1983 and Lotus had a open day at Hethel. So my mum,  my cousin(in the piture)drove my father's Elite to Norwich and I can remember been blown away by the Essex Esprit. Also about that day I remember some machine like a bike going round the track and I think it was called the Poppy flyer. 

Anyway does anyone remember this Esprit and is it your one. I would love to know more on this car. 

20160329_211328.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/03/2016 at 22:48, swindon_alan said:

Yep. There's a company in Swindon, not a zillion miles from Devon, will give you details tomorrow, I've got a stupidly early start!

Try these Marc:

http://www.aurasigns.co.uk/vehicle_graphics.html

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Alan - I am currently suffering from sleep deprivation due to lambing (kitchen is slowly being overtaken by orphan lambs and workshop - or barn depending on your point of view - is currently full of sheep and lambs). When things settle down a bit and if I still think it is a good idea (not trying to get out of it - I just know its not a good time to make decisions when I am this tired)

In the immortal words of Kate Bush - Let me sleep and Dream Stink of sheep

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Steve1 said:

This could answer a question that I've been wondering since I was 8 years old. It was 1983 and Lotus had a open day at Hethel. So my mum,  my cousin(in the piture)drove my father's Elite to Norwich and I can remember been blown away by the Essex Esprit. Also about that day I remember some machine like a bike going round the track and I think it was called the Poppy flyer. 

Anyway does anyone remember this Esprit and is it your one. I would love to know more on this car. 

20160329_211328.jpg

Steve

Great photo. Looks like an early Essex as it has chrome door handles. It also looks like it has a roof mounted aerial rather than it being (as normal) on the offside front wing. I'm fairly sure I've seen pictures of the car taken on the same day which might help identify it. Can you see a number in the middle of the decal next to the fuel filler cap? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bazza 907 said:

Steve

Great photo. Looks like an early Essex as it has chrome door handles. It also looks like it has a roof mounted aerial rather than it being (as normal) on the offside front wing. I'm fairly sure I've seen pictures of the car taken on the same day which might help identify it. Can you see a number in the middle of the decal next to the fuel filler cap? 

Hi Bazza

 Unfortunately I cant see the number...:cry: even when I enlarged the photo on my phone, but any info is good info. Its not your one then...:). have seen yours and your black one down at GST, I even had a cheeky sit in your black one as that's my boyhood dream colour one..:thumbup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dan what's your Vin no. ?

The photo taken outside the Lotus Factory of KAH 540V doesn't have side repeaters yet in the later photo it has so not sure how to answer your question.  

Photo - W Reg 1980

RH Side Rear.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Steve,

 884   W reg,  Maybe they fitted them to make it look like a more modern car as i think side repeaters where introduced in the early 80s, so may of been a cosmetic thing to make it look a bit more updated at the time maybe :blush:

A

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...