Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Random Images....... - Page 23 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Random Images.......

nello

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 minute ago, The Pits said:

It was going so well Paul... must have been a typo. :whistle:

Ill get my coat

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2018 at 15:21, PAUL GURNEY said:

Took a photo in the late 80 s of a blue Essex reg no VFN662 in my home town of Newent in Gloucestershire, just wondered if its still in existence?

This may help:

Hey all, first time I've viewed this site after thinking I could see some pics and comments and reminisce about my childhood......

My father used to own Essex number 100 (the Thatcher car) until he sold it privately when I was about 15 some 25 years ago, it was the stuff that boyhood dreams are made of and I was the envy of the school when he used to pick me up in it (on dry days only!).

We lived in East Anglia at the time and the car was a regular visitor to various Lotus gatherings and the factory 'open days' on occasions, there used to be a monthly Sunday blast around the roads of Norfolk which many Lotus owners used to attend usually meeting up at the Nelson hotel in Norwich then heading off in convoy............does anyone else remember this?

I seem to remember that the car was slightly different to the other Essex's on here, it had colour coded bumpers and wheel centres as opposed to the black items in most of the pics on here.

I would love to find out where the car has been since then......it had a private reg on when sold by the old man (VFN 662) if this helps?

I might be able to dig out some (very grainy) pics if anyone would be interseted?

Cheers, Shaun. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I thought Mark at stocks had 100?.

Barry. Yes he has. I've been to see it

• Like 1

Great stuff Mel - according to my list 013 was last rumoured to be in Monaco. I'm sure this is from here from a while ago but this is 013 (unless it was you that originally posted!)

Essex013.jpg

Nice garage BTW - Is that a BAR?

Edited by nello

1 hour ago, nello said:

Great stuff Mel - according to my list 013 was last rumoured to be in Monaco. I'm sure this is from here from a while ago but this is 013 (unless it was you that originally posted!)

Essex013.jpg

Nice garage BTW - Is that a BAR?

Actually that’s a photo I posted on my parents drive when I was 26 ! Number 13 !

21 minutes ago, nello said:

Ahh yes I recall that black one now but had not realised it was 013 - Mel is not going to be chuffed! 

I did locate the car  but the owner wouldn’t talk to me unfortunately!

Nice one Barrie - That shot reminds me of this one of Paul's car - it was taken at Coombe IIRC for the Esprit book - the chap had a photographer who'd setup some white sheets (on what was fortunately a dry summers day!) It was from this that I believe AutoArt used as a basis for the 1/18 Esprit they made complete with Paul's No.17 plaque - we didn't know anything about it until we bought the model....

essex17.jpg

BTW anyone else seen this before! 

evoraessex.jpg

Edited by nello

Gotti someone just posted on FB an image from that Auto Revue magazine you showed a while ago on here - Is it me or did it have Blue spokes on the Compos?

essexautorevue1.jpg

Edited by nello