free hit
counters
LEF Tour France 2010 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

LEF Tour France 2010

matk

Had a load of people say they'd like to come and see me in France. Occurred to me it might be fun to organise a proper hoon over. I was thinking maybe of trying to get people over on say a Thursday and return on say a Monday. What with long term holiday plans etc, thinking about Summer 2010 to give enough time to organise diaries. It would also be a good opportunity for the other French Esprit owners to join up in convoy with other Esprits, something that happens regularly in the UK but not in France.

The way I see it is most people who travel to France in an Esprit do it for some form of motorsport occasion. My thoughts are to do it more for the social, cultural and sightseeing opportunities. i.e. travel in Esprits (and of course little loti if wanted) but touring locations, taking in views, drinking vin rouge and enjoying our own company and the local hospitality. That way it becomes a better experience for other halves etc who perhaps are not into the cars as much as we are. They could still come along and have a great time.

What do you all think? Anybody interested? I'm not looking for any commitment at this time, but if noone pipes up, then fair enough, I'll drop it. But if enough people express an interest, I'll do some research and try to organise an example itinerary etc.

Let me know?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

1 & 2 - Bibs & Laura

:D:):D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:):D

As I said before Mat....Count me in :D

7. Chris

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Whilst I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be able to make it, it does sound a great idea especially the vin rouge part :D

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Dave and Megan 8 and 9

But we are looking to come over to France early July this year, we could meet up. Not sure if we will be in the Esprit or the Porsche, however would still like to meet up,we could do a visit or something, would be good to meet.

Dave

Hi Mat

Sound really good Mat great id� !

but I'm not sure at the moment..

( I can't talk/understand french..) :D/quote]

I'll take that as a yes then and start some initial planning.

Dave/Paul, absolutely! Would love to see you over here. Best time at the moment are every other Thurs for the local market we have here. i.e Thur 2nd/16th/30th July etc. PM before when you have more idea about your plans. Mike Sekinger ain't far away too, and I can't speak for him, but he'd prob join in too?

Yasuo, no probs with the French language! With 10 or so plus people I'm sure we'll cope very well in all situations.

Regards

Mat

Interesting idea to join!

French is not a problem, I think. Been earlier in Paris and everyone speak better english than I.

Long distance can be a small problem, but it can be solved. Because I like driving.

So, count Sissi & Jukka to gang.

Sounds good Matt. Sarah and I will be up for this :D

Edited by USAndretti42

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Went on a trip round France/Switzerland/Italy last year & had a great time.

Meeting up with a load of others would make it even better.

It's cheaper for me to get to France than England (though not by much).

Sounds like a plan.

Hooligan at heart.

Yep - very interesting.

My workshop would be available if anyone had any running problems or needed to look into anything mechanical.

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Ok Mat

Nice to learn french ...

I'm in (70%) at the moment and it depens on what date? :clap:

(it will be nice before or after sommer hoilday season)

Y.Hotta

As far as dates go it's going to be a while before I can suggest something solid. I'm working on an example itinerary at the moment. Once that's done I'll have to check whether its doable in the right number of days, and pass it for you guys to check out. I'll also need to a thorough check of all the 2010 proposed events to make sure we don't clash with anything else. After that's done I'll also work on trying to get some cheap advance tunnel crossing fares and accomodation etc. That's the point where I'll need people to make a commitment.

Regards

Mat