free hit
counters
Starter Motors - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been talking to Brian Angus about the starter I've got on my car. I'll have a look tonight if I can to check the details (mine is aftermarket but has no details !).

The ones Ive seen identical to mine are fitted onto old Jaguars as well (E-type / MKII, XJ6) - I haven't really had chance to check yet but I might make a point of it tonight since the car's in bits anyways.

facebook = [email protected]

I once brought my starter and alternator to a local alternator/starter rebuild shop and asked if "they had seen anything like this before"?

They claimed the starter was 100% Jaguar . . . but they didn't give me an exact model or year. This was based on the casing shape and size. They showed me a catalogue ID pic and, yup, I'd have to agree that it's a Jaguar.

They also stated that the solenoid was not Jag but some odd Magetiti-Marelli piece (with a Lucas sticker on it?) that they had never seen before. The owner is Italian and does work on Alfas and Fiats . . . so the solenoid might be a bit of a challenge to match.

AP

according to the parts xref on this site:

A910E6604F Magneti Marelli M80R (1.7); Lucas 54293567; Lucas 3M100 Starter motor

Edited by ragingfool35

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND