free hit
counters
Michael Jackson Dead! - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
th4neuk

Michael Jackson Dead!

Whatever you think, he'll be remembered.

How many thousand tickets?

Just watch Ebay - its started.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

For me, his death is not in the same league as say, John Lennon's.

I still remember where I was when I heard about John's death. MJ's death will not have the same effect on me.

He did do some good stuff but that seems a long time ago now.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I saw Wacko when he played Wembley stadium (was that the 80s?) - not the best concert I ever went to by a long shot...why do they play such venues ? It wasn't really his fault, but by the time the sound got to us beyond the halfway line, the huge video relay that we could see clearest was several frames further on so the lip synch and dance moves were c**p. The pinhead that we could see "live" on stage could have been anyone. Nevertheless - lots of his music is still good to listen to despite saturation playing...and anyone who can moonwalk properly has my respect! Shame he went quite so cookie...but then how sane was Presley or Lennon just after their peak - it seems to me the inevitable result of adulation unlimited. RIP

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Sad to see such a prodigious musical and stage talent go so early. We'll never know if his comeback would have enhanced his standing or detracted from it which is what, unfortunately, a lot of his off-stage behaviour has seemed to do in recent years.

I'd say he's the best dancer who ever lived. (Tony K)
Not sure if I can agree with that. What about... Bill "Bojangles" Robinson, Fred Astair, Gene Kelly, Anne Miller, Bob Fosse. Rudolph Nureyev, Sammy Davis jr and the inimitable Gregory Hines etc etc ? 'of his generation' possibly, but other than that it is very subjective based on the social mores prevalent at the time and, probably, the age of the people handing out the epithets/awards/honours/adulation.

Anyway, all of that aside, his contribution to modern music was immense and I am disappointed that he did not get his chance to re-emerge on the musical stage.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Incredible stage presents and outstanding theatrical content of his 80s music videos. He was one of the artists that pioneered the big budget music videos, along with likes of Duran Duran. Personal life..so totally f**ked up, but thats not uncommon for someone associated with show business and money from an early age. The list of has beens is very long. So I wonder ultimately if he will be remembered for his musical achievements or his personal set backs? lets not forget he invented the moonwalk!. I believe at some point he brought a smile to all of our faces through his dancing and it is for this I will remember him.

Edited by GavinS1

Cheers, Gavin

Has it not been used by mime artist for centuries.......

he was the 1st person I ever saw do it and the moonwalk is always associated with MJ

Cheers, Gavin

With Neil Armstrong a distant 2nd? :unworthy:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

jeffrey daniels was better, the moon walk or back slide history is or was on utube. i wonder if he will decompose alltogether or if other parts will remain looking the same many years on

It's Oogies turn to boogie

I've seen the video of the guy in the 1930's doing what became the moonwalk so it wasn't Michael Jackson's invention. There again, I don't think the Lotus 24 was the first monocoque racing car but it certainly proved how well it worked. Same with Jackson and the moonwalk.

Jackson seemed to be a troubled genius, a victim of his success and the syncophants around him. It would be easy to lose a normal take on life when you are a star from junior school age through to your 40's. I guess we will never know the truth about his plastic surgery or his dealings with children

He certainly brought a lot of pleasure to a lot of people who will miss him.

With Neil Armstrong a distant 2nd? :unworthy:

:thumbsup:

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I've been missing the normal 'poor taste' jokes that go with death of a celebrity. like:

They said MJ had a heart attach in the ambulance, but it turns out he was in the children's ward having a stroke.

Also here is some comment about the media hype

There does seem to be a bit of a dearth of death devilment in this particular instance, Peter. I attribute it to people acknowledging the premature demise of such a rare musical and entertainment talent, and wanting badly to believe that the "accusations" are merely that, and not the final basis for an enduring legacy. Like many (even most?), I have my suspicions, but prefer to dwell on his positive contributions to the world. Was he a bit strange? Certainly. Was it real or "staged?" Most probably a combination of both. In the end I would hope that his "troubles" become an historical footnote to an otherwise astonishing career.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I saw this vid today which was pretty cool :

http://www.break.com/index/michael-jackson...-stockholm.html

Big MJ fan myself, his music and dancing are incredible to watch - really bummed I wont be seeing him live next month, the ms manage to get superb seats as well :o

Bloke was such a legend (and always will be)

RIP

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = [email protected]