free hit
counters
alternator belt - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mr.oogieboogie

alternator belt

hello everyone, well finished putting the manifold back on took car for a run and the alternator belt has snapped, very pissed off. Any part numbers or alternatives that i can fit, as i will try to get a belt tomorrow

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

thanks for that, better get two incase they have both gone, although the p.a.s one was replaced when the lotus show was on .

part number on the belt is 6264 part number on that thread is 6363. part number on parts cross ref sheet is 7355

are these the same belt?

Edited by mr.oogieboogie

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Resurrecting an old thread here but on the same subject...

My alternator belt let go last night, luckily only a mile from home so now I need a new one. As mine flew off down the road somewhere I 'borrowed' the one from the TE HC engine in the garage as a pattern for the motor factors, which is a Gates 6264 (888mm long). On the way home I managed to spot mine on the road so picked it up and found its a Gates 6263 (865mm long), supplied by SJ. Anyone know which is really the right one for a '90 N/A Esprit?

I'm at Goodwood today so it'll be tomorrow before I can fit the new one so just wondering which is the right belt before I delve in. Looks like my old one had been rubbing on something so will need to investigate that too.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

So the answer is that the Gates 6264 is too long and allows the alternator to hit the alloy hockey stick coolant pipe that runs above it. The Gates 6263 (865mm long) as supplied originally by SJ seems to be correct.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺