free hit
counters
The oil cooler size on SE ? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The oil cooler size on SE ?

Hi Folks

I just order A082K4226F Chargecooler/condenser from sale.

(second time because I reviced last week but shipping damanged )

So, my plan is install. next weekend but I need some advice:

- My Espirt( espirt turbo 1988) has not two oil cooler as SE.

So, I need to replace oil cooler or I can just install. it between oil cooler and Rad ?

- Do I need to replace the Radiaterduct( I think I saw it i sale ? ) ?

- Does any one know the SE oil cooler size, what fitting size ?

I'm thinking buy 2 Mocal oil cooler e.g. 13 or 16raw with 115mm but does anyone tried ?

Y.Hotta

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've fitted a double cc/ ac rad to mine and swapped to twin coolers, so was similar to yours.

If you leave it at single oil cooler it's easier to route the pipes past it than two, I'm assuming your car runs air con as well so one rad for air con and one for Charge Cooler (both mine are CC which meant a bit of pipe work to join them together).

To get the extra distance I needed between the oil cooler and normal rad I had to re-align the rad so that it was flat against the rad cowling (it previously sat in by 20mm at the bottom), and also had to put a dip in the fibreglass to allow the cc/ ac rad to drop down by approx 30mm to clear the body.

Don't know oil cooler sizes, or connections, but think they may be 1/2 BSP (which is no where near 1/2 across).

Andy

Thank you Andy

My Car has SE front and old setup like: oil cooler, A/C condensor and Radiator (at the moment A/C is not used

missing A/C horses).

My guess is, it may install. new chargecooler/condensor from SE but I'm bit nevers about the air flow, for cooling the enging coolant.

I can start with unchaged oil cooler setup and see what happen then later I can replace with 2 oil cooler.