free hit
counters
Bye Mike, thanks for everything. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Bye Mike, thanks for everything.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:beer:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

A real shame.

MJK was a genuine Lotus man, and I am sure he will be sorely missed by Lotus.

I wish him well in his early retirement

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

I wish Mike all the best in his retirement, enjoy, do what you have not had time to do.

Take care and thanks for everything, glad I got the chance to meet you at the lotus open day.

Very best regards, keep in touch withthe forum.

Dave Freeman, always a lotus lover.

All the best for retirement, I have a lot of respect for a man who has done what Mike has done for Lotus. I hope they find someone with the same kind of heart and head to continue to lead the company onwards and up wards.

Bib's you up for the job?

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

Mike offered me the job late last year but I turned it down and told him that he was the only man in the world who could do what he was doing. I said the hours sounded rubbish too!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

So, does Mike consider this early retirement as it's before the age of 71?

Based on his work ethic, the probable answer is "Yes".

I'm sure he'll be missed in person, but we must remember much of Mike's actions will still have an impact, the people he's developed, recruited, promoted (and other methods!). The actions he's taken with planning for the future not just coming up with a vision and hoping to get there somehow. Not to mention, making painful decisions (painful to us) such as the 2+2 comes years ahead of the GT, and having to delay launches etc.

Mike, please enjoy your retirement. Please continue to follow the instructions of your doctors (now that you seem to have started to do so), and please, please please, keep popping by on the forum and at events.

:welcome:

Many thanks, Mike, for preserving Lotus DNA. Group Lotus and all who surround it are better due to your efforts. But, you must preserve your health. Hopefully a less-taxing seat on the Board is in order as your ideas will always be of value to the company. :beer: Thankfully, Lotus is still populated by many capable people who "get it," so Lotus will forge onward and upward. (Mr. Becker for one? :) )

:)

Cheers, Sir!

Eric

Enjoy your retirement Mike. Its well deserved, if unexpectedly early!

I am sure Lotus will miss your passion, enthusiasm and leadership.

The Lotus ship has lost its Captain :)

Good luck skipper :beer:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Sad news indeed, not only beacuse your leaving but also because your operation wasn't as succesful as planned, life with back pain is unbearable!

You've done a fab job and will be missed by many.

Enjoy your retirement, just don't turn into a drunk like your son!!! :beer:

Chunky Lover

:welcome::) Terrible news for Lotus fans everywhere. Good things are never meant to last.

However your health is the most important thing Mike, please enjoy your retirement with our warmest thoughts. :beer:

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

This has been a heart wrenching decision for dad. Not least of all because he still feels like he had so much to do. However his doctor told him to leave last year due to his health and it took him 2 more "Second" opinions and alot more pain for him to listen to doctors orders.

Unfortunately I knew this was coming but could say nothing to anyone as it was confidential.

Dad has been in tears the last few weeks knowing he had to leave and I know all of your heartfelt wishes will help cheer him up. If nothing else he has left Lotus in a hundred fold better position and has "done his job" in saving the company so we can all enjoy their cars in the future.

I'd personally like to thank you all for the support you have shown my dad and I know he thinks of LEF as the club that re-inspired him and made him realise how passionate Lotus owners still were. With his help, LEF has been the driving force in getting closer ties for all enthusiast clubs and online sites and we can all pat ourselves on the back for being the first, in 2006, to bulldoze our way into the hearts of all at the factory and to help them realise that it's not just a job, it's a passion.

For me, I'll still be around and I'm sure the old man will now want to come to more events and become a real enthusiast as well as part of the history of the Company.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I'm still stunned that anyone through their 60's can retain such enthusiasm and energy to successfully lead such a large and dynamic company. Having retired from my career "decades" earlier I can thoroughly recommend it (!) and hope that your back gets sorted sufficiently to allow you to enjoy yours Mike. Its clearly the right and only appropriate outcome for you, but I'm sure I'm not alone in being sad for Lotus - both the company that clearly seems such a better place for your leadership and also for the owners/enthusiats clubs who have had unprecedented access and support under your tenure. Thank you so much for all you've done to make Lotus what it is today.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Still can't comprehend what I just have read... :beer:

On the other hand MJK's well-being comes first!

I wish you all the best, Mike! Hope to see you in good shape real soon. Take care.

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Well i think its all been said.Ihad the pleasure of meeting Kimbers and the great MJK .It was a fantastic memory i shall keep .Looking foreward to meeting you again some day,Enjoy your free time you deserve it.................Kind regards from Mike Mel and Claudia Brewer