free hit
counters
ABS light problem 99 V8 - ECU/OBDII - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tonny006

ABS light problem 99 V8

Hi i have a 1999 V8 with ABS light problem.

When i start the car the light is off but once driving the light flashes on,the faster you go the faster it flashes and when you slow down it goes back out.

I can get the light to do this by reving the engine hard when the car is still.

Has any one got any ideas.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Tony,

I found this in the service manual:

Condition Latched: With this type of fault, which is generally low or high voltage, the ABS tell tale will light, and

the anti-lock system switch out, until such time as conditions return to normal, at which point the light will be

extinguished, and the anti-lock be reinstated. The fault code will be stored only whilst the fault is present.

Based on this it could be a high voltage problem influenced by higher revs causing the alternator to generate more current. It might be worth checking how many volts you have whilst reving.

From a safety point of view, I'd have to recommend getting a professional view point on this.

You need to find someone with a Tech1 and see what error codes are being generated, otherwise it's just guessing.

Wayne

The Older I get the Faster I was

Dont know if this helps, but.. Had a similar situation on my 98 V8. My ABS light would

come on at start, then go out after driving to about 5-10 mph. Brought it

to Lotus of Atlanta and Service said that ( as stated above ) no codes are stored

unless ABS light stays lit. He then said it was common for pre 01 v8s to do this. Again

probably a voltage hiccup. He assured me it was not an ABS problem ( or any other problem for that matter), just a gremlin. Feel pretty confident in the diagnosis since it was from a trusted Lotus service/dealer

From this I can conclude that unless it stays on the ABS is still operating.

Let me know if you come to any other conclusions

Mike