free hit
counters
New Esprit Book, Unique Opportunity - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New Esprit Book, Unique Opportunity

Hi all, Mr Admin - is it possible to pin this topic please as I'm sure it is of great interest to all.

There is a new book coming out and it is The Definative book on the Esprit. Written by Jeremy Walton and produced by William Taylor at Coterie Press, it is 224 pages of stunning pics, info and never heard before information (check out Lotus Anecdotes for one snippit). The Foreword was done by my father and some of the info came from him (though Jeremy is a leading writer on Lotus and William is by far the best publisher). Both William and Jeremy are friends of my father, hence this special offer.

The book will be out early next year HOWEVER, William has agreed to let me offer you guys first "Crack at the whip" on a special edition of the book. Here's the info. Standard book 224 pages, Special Edition has 32 extra pages of new pics/info etc. Special Edition is limited to 100 copies only! and will come in leather bound and guilt edged form. As if that isn't enough the special edition will be boxed in a presentation box and the book itself will be signed by (amongst others MJK).

Now this copy will set you back

Edited by Kimbers

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, Mr Admin - is it possible to pin this topic please as I'm sure it is of great interest to all.

There is a new book coming out and it is The Definative book on the Esprit. Written by Jeremy Walton and produced by William Taylor at Coterie Press, it is 224 pages of stunning pics, info and never heard before information (check out Lotus Anecdotes for one snippit). The Foreword was done by my father and some of the info came from him (though Jeremy is a leading writer on Lotus and William is by far the best publisher). Both William and Jeremy are friends of my father, hence this special offer.

The book will be out early next year HOWEVER, William has agreed to let me offer you guys first "Crack at the whip" on a special edition of the book. Here's the info. Standard book 224 pages, Special Edition has 32 extra pages of new pics/info etc. Special Edition is limited to 100 copies only! and will come in leather bound and guilt edged form. As if that isn't enough the special edition will be boxed in a presentation box and the book itself will be signed by (amongst others MJK).

Now this copy will set you back

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

:lol:
Edited by Kimbers

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

OH ALL RIGHT,

I am a sucker for a deal Put me down for No 3 !!!

Mike . :lol:  :P  :)

(Putting 250 inreadies in an envelope NOW )

Tell me where to send it !

Mike

please e-mail me your name address and I will inform William. Cheers, Tony

Not being a scrooge, Bah Humbug !!!!

just 250 notes will get me new discs and pads for the rear or

some new door seals and a cat bypass pipe or

or

or

or

see my point :lol:

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

Not being a scrooge, Bah Humbug !!!!

just 250 notes will get me new discs and pads for the rear or

some new door seals and a cat bypass pipe or

or

or

or

see my point  :)

Or a one off limited edition book!...Yep see your point :lol:

Yes but a one off limited edition book no matter how nice and lovely it is, wont keep my beautiful motor on the road with me in it, and frankly that'll put a bigger smile on my mug

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

I have William Taylors 'The Lotus book' and it's companion 'Collectables'

Both are excellent books, full of pictures and info, in fact i scanned the picture

below from the Lotus book only tonight to post elsewhere on the forum.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/clarkycat//Elio-wins.jpg

They both have around 260 pages and are well thumbed now!

I do think i'll go for the standard copy because of this, but i'm

sure the special one would be a nice one to have.

:)

I have William Taylors 'The Lotus book' and it's companion 'Collectables'

Both are excellent books, full of pictures and info, in fact i scanned the picture

below from the Lotus book only tonight to post elsewhere on the forum.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/clarkycat//Elio-wins.jpg

They both have around 260 pages and are well thumbed now!

I do think i'll go for the standard copy because of this, but i'm

sure the special one would be a nice one to have.

:)

Standard copies can be ordered via me in advance as well, just e-mail me your details and will be in contact shortly.

For 250 quid, I would expect Colin Chapman to have signed it..

You realize that 250 quid over here would be nearly $650 dollars landed!! :lol: Thats 130 pints of beer :)

You guys in UK need to understand, that for us here, the cost of one pound is effectively 2.5 times that in CAD. It makes it very costly for us to buy anything out of UK. The trick here is we dont earn 2.5 times the wage.. basically for a wage earner of equal standing, if one were to earn say GBP100,000 in UK, a similar Canadian would earn CAD$100,000. So you can see the impact it has on Canada/UK commerce. It is actually cheaper for us to by a Ferrari here than to import a used lotus from UK (even if it did have LHD)

Alternatively, for you guys in UK, doing business over here is a bargain!!

Appreciate the offer.. buts its just not feasible!!

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..

You realize that 250 quid over here would be nearly $650 dollars landed!!  :P

Thats 130 pints of beer  :lol: 

The trick here is we dont earn 2.5 times the wage.. basically for a wage

earner of equal standing, if one were to earn say GBP100,000 in UK,

a similar Canadian would earn CAD$100,000. So you can see the impact

it has on Canada/UK commerce.

Well, i'm off into town now and will probably stop off in my local for a pint,

A pint in my local is

Hello Mr. Kimbers,

I would like to order one of your Special Edition books!

Please contact me to work out payment and shipment.

Can you send me an invoice?

Thank you!

Christiaan Schriks

The Netherlands

cbschriks@planet.nl

For 250 quid, I would expect Colin Chapman to have signed it..

You realize that 250 quid over here would be nearly $650 dollars landed!!  :) Thats 130 pints of beer  :huh: 

You guys in UK need to understand, that for us here, the cost of one pound is effectively 2.5 times that in CAD.  It makes it very costly for us to buy anything out of UK. The trick here is we dont earn 2.5 times the wage.. basically for a wage earner of equal standing, if one were to earn say GBP100,000 in UK, a similar Canadian would earn CAD$100,000. So you can see the impact it has on Canada/UK commerce. It is actually cheaper for us to by a Ferrari here than to import a used lotus from UK (even if it did have LHD)

Alternatively, for you guys in UK, doing business over here is a bargain!!

Appreciate the offer.. buts its just not feasible!!

Actually Coterie Press are based in the States. :lol:

Thanks for the offer Kimbers, but I think I'll just drive over to William Taylor's house to get my copy, he lives only a half hour from me...

I do have the Lotus book S2 and the Elise book, great books!

No worries, you'll have to wait till it's all finished tho. Wish I lived just round the corner as would man I lived in the States and I would do anything right now to get out of this sorry excuse of a country.

Hello Mr. Kimbers,

I would like to order one of your Special Edition books!

Please contact me to work out payment and shipment.

Can you send me an invoice?

Thank you!

Christiaan Schriks

The Netherlands

cbschriks@planet.nl

Hi Christiaan. Book is still a few months away but have your e-mail address and will sort out shortly.

So, how much for the standard book?

Paul.

Not quite sure, but if it is anything like his award winning Lotus Book S3 prob around

Actually Coterie Press are based in the States. :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See what I mean about the economics :lol: Thats why its 27USD for the basic version of the book.

Edited by f1karting

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..

Sorry, Tony. While I would love the special edition I can't afford it. There have been a few leather-bound collector edition boks out in the past year at about the same price so I don't think the price is out of order.

I will be buying the regular edtion, though, as it sounds great. Always like the background stories.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Sorry, Tony.  While I would love the special edition I can't afford it.  There have been a few leather-bound collector edition boks out in the past year at about the same price so I don't think the price is out of order.

I will be buying the regular edtion, though, as it sounds great.  Always like the background stories.

I thought the price was good myself. I have the new S3 book + many others and also have Jabby Crombacs "Chapman" book, signed by him, Hazel Chapman and Dad. Been offered over