free hit
counters
Brand New Exhaust Manifolds - Page 5 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
gghc87

Brand New Exhaust Manifolds

Put me on the list too

1&2 : GGHC87

3: Bazza

4: 910esprit

5: Botus

6: Molemot

7. SimonE

8. Thom_77

9. Evil_Dr_Fish

10. jimmybondi

11. rlc

12. Robert

13. markd

14. Mr _John111

15. Paul Cleary 85 Turbo Esprit

16. Michael Hayes

17. ChrisJ

18. MPx

19. Stephen Whyte

20.Matt Slayton - 1984 Turbo Esprit

21. Scoville -1983 Turbo Esprit

22. Kevin - Esprit84

23. Simon - Simon350S

24. TAR - 1982 Turbo Esprit

25. Pete Musgrove

26. Chris(esprit22)

27. Chris Tingley (chris)

28. Gerry Ifill-Williams

29. RedKen

30. Elf

31. Steve Tryner

32. Mark Franke

33. Dennis - ElEsprito

34. Steve Daynes

35. J. Maddocks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi All any news when these will actually be available for delivery - as I was thinking of putting it on the rebuilt engine and keeping old manifold on as a spare :lol:

Again big thumbs up to all concerned.

We're chasing it up right now, I think 'imminent' would be accurate :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

7. SimonE

8. Thom_77

9. Evil_Dr_Fish

10. jimmybondi

11. rlc

12. Robert

13. markd

14. Mr _John111

16. Michael Hayes

17. ChrisJ

18. MPx

19. Stephen Whyte

20.Matt Slayton - 1984 Turbo Esprit

22. Kevin - Esprit84

23. Simon - Simon350S

25. Pete Musgrove

26. Chris(esprit22)

28. Gerry Ifill-Williams

29. RedKen

30. Elf

31. Steve Tryner

32. Mark Franke

33. Dennis - ElEsprito

34. Steve Daynes

35. J. Maddocks (joolz)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Almost :)

NewExhaustManifold2.jpg

before you ask no release date yet will let everyone know as soon as we hear, but not long now. :(

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Those flanges look good...mine are eroded to a knife edge, almost, on a couple of cylinders!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Seeing how I am the slowest renovator ever (hernia and children, and a wife that rides horses is a recipe for never finishing) I am hoping this arrives by the time I turn 95 and actually need to put this part on the car!:)

/Rasmus

They're done!

For the first 35 names, the procedure I'd like you to follow to place an order is as follows:

Please email your name and address to Neil Lovelock @ Lotus - [email protected] (he has a copy of the list and will check you off as you order) and inform him you'd like to purchase a manifold via Stratton Motor Company. You manifold will then be delivered to Strattons (closest dealer to the factory) and then they will call you to take payment and arrange delivery. Strattons have agreed to ship worldwide so they are handling all orders as I have arranged.

Copy and paste this email to Neil.

Dear Neil

Thanks for all your help, we think you're the best! Please book out 1 manifold (A910E2155K) to me, my name and address is:

Name

Address

Phone Number

I'd like it to be delivered to Stratton Motor Company who will process my order for me.

Thanks again, merry christmas.

Yours

Name

Please post below when you're done so I can cross you off the list here too :thumbup:

7. SimonE

8. Thom_77

9. Evil_Dr_Fish

10. jimmybondi

11. rlc

12. Robert

13. markd

14. Mr _John111

16. Michael Hayes

17. ChrisJ

18. MPx

19. Stephen Whyte

20. Matt Slayton - 1984 Turbo Esprit

22. Kevin - Esprit84

23. Simon - Simon350S

25. Pete Musgrove

26. Chris(esprit22)

28. Gerry Ifill-Williams

29. RedKen

30. Elf

31. Steve Tryner

32. Mark Franke

33. Dennis - ElEsprito

34. Steve Daynes

35. J. Maddocks (joolz)

36. Mesprit87

NB - There is currently a few spare, please let me know asap if you want one!

From a personal note, thanks to Neil for helping us with this and also Strattons for their assistance and a big shout to Cliff who has been instrumental and his tenacity and hard work has made this project a reality. :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Thanks Barry :lol:

Evora NA

Email sent.

Thanks

thumbup.gif

It's getting there......

Good man, cheers Tim :lol:

Evora NA

If you are referring to cracked manifolds, then sorta.

All manifolds can crack. The early manifolds for cars with integrated wastegates have the most tendency to crack. Over the years, Lotus has modified these manifolds to increase the amount of material between ports to reduce the problem of cracking. I would venture to guess that most of the cracks are caused by vibrations introduced when one or more of the exhaust manifold studs falls out of the #4 port. This can also lead to cracks in the early cars with external wastegates.

I read that water splashed from the tires onto a hot manifold will cause cracking. Is that a possibility on the cars?

Brilliant news, email sent.

A big, big thankyou to all who have made this possible - tremendous effort guys :lol:

Email sent..as a bit of an assist to others further down the list who may be in desperate need of a new manifold...as I'm unlikely to need to change it for quite a bit (unless I fry the engine AGAIN in a fit of Toadish enthusiasm) I'd be happy for someone else to have my manifold and slide further down the list. Let me know if it would help any of you....

Dull person!! Just read where Bibs says there are a few spares...but the offer stays open if anyone needs it.

Edited by molemot

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Email also sent...THANKS GUYS!!! :lol:

Robert Costa
1984 Turbo Esprit
Very Black!
2004 Lotus Elise
Quite Green! gone :-(

1977 S1 Esprit, in bits

1998 Lotus Elise S1, Azure Blue
Sydney, Australia

“The parts falling from this car are examples of the finest British craftsmanship”

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

Oh man! The best, the best the best. Mail sent and I am now moving a tent out to my mailbox to live in while waiting for the things to fall into my hands!

Thanks a million Rasmus Hult

Thanks guys :lol:

Evora NA

E-mail sent.

Thanks again to all who had a hand in arranging this.

John & Sue (Boots)