free hit
counters
Brand New Exhaust Manifolds - Page 7 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Brand New Exhaust Manifolds

gghc87

I had my good friend over for dinner and much to much wine tonight. He is an old school carb dog, the guy you show your car in the garage and snicker because he has a ford/Fiat/Maserati and you have a LOTUS. However he looked over my brand new manifold and found that there was deep "dimple" or "inlay" in the middle of the manifold. Feeling inside of the manifold there is no difference, however, there is a pretty big casting flaw in my manifold between exhaust 2-3 (middle) and he really believes this might be a metal compound F**ck up that is one in 100...n

Needless to say I am a bit worried...

Edited by Scoville

• 3 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get in touch with Rob @ Strattons, he'll sort you out :) 01508 530491.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 7 years later...

Has anyone still got one of these yet to be fitted please? I'm not looking to buy, but to borrow. Thanks! :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Chris, I'll pop you a PM shortly mate. Legend. 

Evora NA

:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Evora NA

I've got a new cast one hiding in a cupboard, I told the Mrs only cost £50, I bought it on a whim just in case I need it in future and my garage is full of spare wheels, bushes, header tank, pipes, dash bits, splitter etc etc .....didn't want it to get hot and cold in thd garage till one day it needs to be fitted. If I remember right it was one of a 're run done some time ago so hopefully not a flawed one?

(Cost a lot more than £50 but she would never need to know)