free hit
counters
Top Gear have been had - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Setras

Top Gear have been had

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If he mistook his Infiniti for a Veyron, then I've got a 1974 Elite Enzo I can give him a good deal on!

I believe going twice the speed limit is a felony charge in CA, and so exceeding 100 mph.

Edited by Clark

Look at the bright side, Clark. As California is about to become the first state to declare bankruptcy, CHP gas cards will no longer be honored, and the bikes and cruisers will have to be parked. The Interstates will become anarchistic free-for-alls with new landspeed records set daily. Let the games begin!

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

The Interstates will become anarchistic free-for-alls with new landspeed records set daily. Let the games begin!

What do you mean "will become"? It already is.

BTW if you don't want to get pulled over in california try to look as much as you can like an illegal immigrant. Cops don't bother pulling those guys over, ever.

Edited by S4Esprit

Ha! Hi, Buddy. I spent (off and on) 17 years doing battle on the California freeways, but it was only "semi-crowded," and driver etiquette seemed to be somewhat more genteel than it is now. Still, on my present day visits (my sister and father are long time residents) I continue to see remnants of the "cooperate and graduate" mentality of yore. But it now seems more like a high speed "moving parking lot" (when it's moving at all!), and one has to be (as you're obviously aware) on one's toes at all times!

The "immigrant" comment was interesting. Any conjecture on your part as to possible reasons for this observation?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

The Interstates will become anarchistic free-for-alls with new landspeed records set daily. Let the games begin!

I saw a documentary about that once. Think it was called "Mad Max" or something like that... :animier:

Thanks for pointing out the lighter side of the bankrupcy! With gas prices climbing, that'll surely be the first to go!