free hit
counters
ride height - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

hi chaps i seem to have a small problem with the front valance grounding out on the road ever now and then pulling up on driveways ect. could anyone telll me what the aprox distance from ground to bottom off front valance not including rubber bit as mine is missing. im trying to work out if the car has been lowered or not . cheers in advance !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve's car looks like this:

post-6032-1248551242_thumb.jpg

To my untrained eye, I'd say it was about right. But I'd want to bolt the rubber spoiler (preferably a '98 era one) back on asap simply to protect the fibreglass lower bumper.

I

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

You can never tell by eye - the only way is to the cross member under the car.

Can't rememebr the V8 clearance but looking at the car - it's unladen, all ride heights are taken 1/2 laden + 2 people so it's very hard to tell !

facebook = [email protected]

I agree about being accurate, but you only have to look at the gap between the tyre and the front wheel arch to see that this car is lowered. By how much, who knows? - but that is not standard height for a V8, especially unladen.

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

ive checked the distance from bottom of cross member to ground and its approx 145 mm. the springs are marked with blue paint. im going to asume that this are lowered springs? or do people machine the platforms to lower ?

ive checked the distance from bottom of cross member to ground and its approx 145 mm. the springs are marked with blue paint. im going to asume that this are lowered springs? or do people machine the platforms to lower ?

That would explain why the S350 lower front spoiler is missing from you car! Mine's a little lower than stock, approx 165 mm, and the bottom of S350 rubber lip is only 50mm or so off the ground. If fitted, yours would be practically scraping along.

Machining the platforms would be a lot of hassle so I reckon someone has fitted shorter springs, or softer springs of the same length (though the second option would be a bizarre way of lowering a car since obviously it could bottom out onto the road!)

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.