free hit
counters
The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009

This year our forums are coming together for a supermeet; Esprit, 2Eleven and Evora with 250 people attending a weekend extravaganza in Norfolk.

The plan is:

Saturday 17th October - Visit our hotel which is about 4 miles from the factory, check in and freshen up ready for a huge fund raising visit to Cromer on the north Norfolk coast where we'll rattle tins and be met by local radio/papers etc. After this we'll return to the hotel for evening grub in our exclusive 250 person marquee for the charity auction, raffle, fun and games. Bar's open 'til late.

Sunday 18th October - En masse 50+ Lotus convoy to the Lotus Factory where we'll enjoy a great day. Events will include; Track 'parade' laps in your car, road drive in an Evora (every person can have a go!), Factory Tours, shop visit, ASO auto jumble, styling talks from Russell Carr/Steve Crijns, technical talks from Rob Savin/Roger Becker, Evora track demonstration laps, Classic Team Lotus cars, Evora development story, Lotus product displays, Lotus Sport and more. Lunch will be included and there will be beauticians on site to offer treatments to those not quite so interested in the cars, a family event! Goodie bags for all attendees and more!

The 4* luxury hotel is offering a huge discount on rooms, it's a beautiful venue and I'll post details for the reservations number and codes shortly, we've even negotiated 10% off the bar prices!!!

Tickets will be offered firstly to those who wish to attend the whole weekend and are limited in numbers. If we don't have enough weekend attendees then we'll offer Sunday only tickets but this is unlikely.

We did this before in '06, raised £5k and had 100-ish Esprits on site, this time it's bigger and better :)

More details and ticket links to follow shortly :)

* Please note that Lotus have specified that this event is open to over 18's only.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This year our forums are coming together for a supermeet; Esprit, 2Eleven and Evora with 250 people attending a weekend extravaganza in Norfolk.

The plan is:

Saturday 17th October - Visit our hotel which is about 4 miles from the factory, check in and freshen up ready for a huge fund raising visit to Cromer on the north Norfolk coast where we'll rattle tins and be met by local radio/papers etc. After this we'll return to the hotel for evening grub in our exclusive 250 person marquee for the charity auction, raffle, fun and games. Bar's open 'til late.

Sunday 18th October - En masse 150+ Lotus convoy to the Lotus Factory where we'll enjoy a great day. Events will include; Track 'parade' laps in your car, road drive in an Evora (every person can have a go!), Factory Tours, shop visit, ASO auto jumble, styling talks from Russell Carr/Steve Crijns, technical talks from Rob Savin/Roger Becker, Evora track demonstration laps, Classic Team Lotus cars, Evora development story, Lotus product displays, Lotus workshop, Lotus Sport and more. Lunch will be included and there will be beauticians on site to offer treatments to those not quite so interested in the cars, a family event! Goodie bags for all attendees and more!

The 4* luxury hotel is offering a huge discount on rooms, it's a beautiful venue and I'll post details for the reservations number and codes shortly, we've even negotiated 10% off the bar prices!!!

Tickets will be offered firstly to those who wish to attend the whole weekend and are limited in numbers. If we don't have enough weekend attendees then we'll offer Sunday only tickets but this is unlikely.

We did this before in '06, raised

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Wooohooo! A fortuitous date selection. We're in, full weekend. Bring it on! :)

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Nice one Bibs :)

2006 was awesome, spent some time sideways on the Lotus track :)

Looking forward to this one :)

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

I am in for the weekend! :) :)

Rowland, have my suspension and bushes ready!!! :)

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Count me in Bibs, that's dave and megan.

Well done sounds great.

Dave

May be my first meet in the lotus since the V8 was fitted :)

Looking forward to it and hope im in the country regards danny

A

Nice one Bibs. Thats the post I've been waiting for!

Bigger and better than 06? - If its just 50% as good as 2006 It'll be worth going to.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Well done Bibs !

Thanks for organising again !

I love to join the event and I'm looking forward to see you all again :)

:)

Bibs - sounds like a super weekend, my sons and I would like to attend but we live nearby and won't need hotel rooms. Presumably this can be arranged? tonyc

It was fun in 2006 - and well organised, and this one sounds even better...

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

is this the "super meet" as just read that post and this is the link. midlands out the window then LOL

if you go to cromer vist the "rocket cafe" on the beach and ask for louise, (justines ex saturday girl)

i went to "tractor heaven"(norwich, cromer) last week and omg i hope you have a car park booked bibs as its

zimmer frame central LMAO.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Well done Bibs and Laura.

I love to join the event and I'm looking forward to see you all again.

Our problem is that looks like we don't have time to drive. Must go by Ryanair. But I try to discuss with my boss about extra holiday.

Bibs - sounds like a super weekend, my sons and I would like to attend but we live nearby and won't need hotel rooms. Presumably this can be arranged? tonyc

Tickets will be sold for then events and this includes a discount code for the hotel, but it's up to the individual if or where they want to stay and hotels can be booked separately :)

Well done Bibs and Laura :) . Can't wait for this one should be great fun.

Martyn :)

PS: Have you ordered another pink T-shirt for Kimbers yet :)

Will check the diary.

Can we bring both esprits??

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Smashing. Sarah and I are in :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Well done you pair. Sounds great. :)

It's in the diary and I'll be there for the weekend.

Thunderbirds are GO !

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Wow bloody hell sounds fab!

Im not sure how it will work out for me as I live local and have no working Lotus? I will be able to lend a hand though if any help is required. Or if anybody needs any local info.

Maybe I could do a charity taxi from the Train/Bus Station/airport to the hotel for those ariving that way? Just an idea.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

It's quite a way off (weeks not even days) so you just need to GET YOUR FINGER OUT and get the TE working.

That's how I got mine on the road in the end, in 2006 I decided |I wanted to take it on the factory day so i had to re-build the engine and fit it back into the car with no manual that covered that odd combo of engine & car. It was rather a tight deadline but it passed its MOT and went for the little trip to Gt Yarmouth.

I plan to have the S3 sorted, so I guess somebody could drive that.