free hit
counters
The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - Page 6 - The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009

Sure. Buy your tickets, come and find me :-)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yup. And Bibs will buy a beer.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Bibs, Laura and everybody else who worked so hard to deliver another fantastic weekend. The hotel and food were excellent, and I really enjoyed the dinner, auction and raffle. It was amazing to meet Mike and hear him talk about his career.

The Factory day was superb. I have had a factory tour before, but with the new Evora line, it was fantastic to do it again. Driving the Evora was awesome. I can now see where all the superlatives came from. Bibs, can you please pass on a huge thank you to all at Lotus, who were brilliant and enthusiastic hosts.

And finally, it was just great to see everybody again. I look forward to Donnington next year.

Robert

Just want to echo Robs sentiments. We had a fabulous time. Great to see so many familiar faces. Wonderfull people.

Bibs, Laura, enjoy your evening tonight and thanks for another great event

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Ditto all of the above.

We made it all the way there and back, over 420 odd miles, without a single problem. This must be a record and my faith in the old S3 N/A is well and truly restored !

The whole weekend was fabulous. We haven't had such a good weekend away for a very long time. The organisation was superb all round, thank you so much to everyone for all your hard work, it was hugely appreciated. It was so nice to put faces to names and meet so many great like minded new friends. Please do pass on our thanks to all those Lotus staff for a highly infomative day. How many manufacturers would support enthusiasts both old and new to such a degree when the chance of a sale maybe a little way off ! Suzi and I will be raiding all the piggy banks and down the back of the sofa's for any loose change !!! The Evora was quite superb and maybe one day not to far off we will add one to the stable.

Thanks again.

Warwick and Suzi

P.S. And big congratulations to Jenson Button and Team Brawn on becoming World Champion and Constructors Champions. Maybe Lotus will follow in there footsteps next year.

Lotus convoy snakes its way across Norfolk

ED FOSS

Last updated: 18/10/2009 19:05:00

briscoek20091018154705.jpgLotus Owners Club members leave Dunston Hall in a convoy of cars for their charity drive to Cromer. Photo: Simon Finlay. A convoy of dozens of super cars snaked their way from Norwich to Cromer at the weekend, drawing admiring glances from those along the route - all in the name of fun and charity.

All carried the Lotus marque, with models ranging in age across four decades and brands including the Esprit, Elise, Exige and Elan M100.

Dubbed the 'factory frolic 2009' and organised by the Lotus Forum, the weekend event was made up of the Saturday drive from Dunston Hall on the edge of Norwich, via Acle and Stalham, finishing in Cromer, then an evening dinner with charity auction, followed by a Sunday visit to the Hethel headquarters of Lotus for a factory tour and track events.

Those track events included test driving of the Evora, the newest mid-2008 addition to the Lotus stable.

The drivers in the Saturday convoy included international visitors from Canada, the US, Finland, Germany and Denmark, several who had brought their cars from their home countries to take part.

It's been said in the above posts and also in one from Kato, but a really big thanks to Bibs,Laura,Paul C,Kimbers and everyone else who's effort and

dedication made this weekend happen.respect.gif

Also of course to MJK who kept us transfixed on Saturday night with a personal insight into his distinguished career and who took the time to speak to me

before leaving despite being in obvious pain..... A true Legend. clap.gif

Many thanks to Bibbo and Laura and all the team at Lotus from me too. Had an excellent day with the leftovers group :whistle: and enjoyed the company of many more as well. Hope to see at least some of you again at the NEC in Nov. :cry:

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

A big thanks to Bibs and the team for a fantastic weekend.

I know dad had a great time (Tony C) and eveyone was so helpfull with him in his chair.

It was great for us to put faces to the names and to meet all the characters.

Looking forward to the next one,

Thanks again team.

Cheers, Paul

Another big thanks to Bibs and co for making this happen. I could only make the Sunday but it was still a fantastic day :whistle:

A huge thank you from me too! It was my first Lotus meet, and although I was only able to make the Sunday, my better half and I had an amazing day. I will post some photos in the next couple of days.

Much respect to you all and Lotus for organizing such a great day!

Al

Hi Bibs & Laura,

I had a great weekend, thanks for oganising it. These events take a huge amount of organising and time and it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for you guys!

I especially liked the parade laps which got a quicker each lap. I also liked the test drive of the Evora. Would have like a bit longer but not complaining. Very nice car indeed.

I was surprised about the factory tour. Having done two in last two years I thought it was going to be a bit boring but I was pleasantly surprised. It was very interesting to see how the Evora is made and in a totally different way to the Elise.

Hotel was nice as was the grub in their. I also really liked the grub at the factory! So much so, I had two helpings in the chicken curry!

David Walters

Is it a relevant question for this thread to ask whether the new CEO was there and what was the impression of people that attended?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Unfortunately, due to a previous engagement (possibly with his new office furniture), Mr Bahar was unable to attend. He is, of course, most welcome at any LEF and TLF events, as long as he doesn't drink shandy.

Many thanks to LEF esp. Bibs & Laura! :whistle:

Also thanks to Lotus Factory it was greate weekend.

I just arrived home in Denmark and weather good/dry all the way.

I will upload some photos tomorrow. :cry:

I hope Jukka & Sussi are Ok and they are way half a way to Stockholm ?

Yep indeed, had a fab time, lots of laughs and great to see everyone.

I'm now going to check my piggy bank and start saving for an Evora - lovely drive with damn fine brakes...

...keep up Pilko!

:whistle:

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

Well call me a cynic if you will Pilko, but I would have thought the new CEO would have ensured he was at the first factory visit since taking over. Wasn't like someone would not have told him it was coming up.

Odd me thinks...

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

just too say thank you all for a brilliant event both the drive to cromer and the factory event absolutley organised brilliantly a credit to all concern thanksgathering.gif

Thanks to all Forum members for a truly wonderful weekend, Jean my partner was a little apprehensive, about a w/end "with a lot of car nuts" her words not mine!.

Enjoyed Bibs skill as an MC and auctioneer, the talk by MJK, what a career, the factory tour was so informative.

But most of all Jean thought what a wonderful friendly bunch you all are

So where are we all going next?thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Great day Wish the S1 had got there but sadly the wheel bearing went and the car was undrivable and i was on 8.8miles away but with 3 hrs sleep and the every day car I got there.

The Evroa wow what a car

logo_01-2.jpg

What a great weekend!

.. thanks Bibs (for :baby: me ), Laura and the *Staff* people there. Real 'living touch' :) workplaces in the factory and some kind of 'private details' on the *classic Team Lotus* garage walls. Could not name a company you can see that type of familiar feeling with customers an fans ! That was great, and of course handshakes and talks again with MJK on Saturday -he has taken the time to go to every one of us on the table :( He is a man with attitude

To get the Lotus proving ground (or what I will call it from now on: *Rally track*) under the wheels was the other enjoyable thing for me. The Evora test was an nice appetizer too, now i need to find one over here for some real life test....

We leafed Cringlefort at 8 o'clock. So now after around 1300km way home P-DU916 is sleeping here, local arrival time was 1:50 o'clock and last refueling was for a 573km step. After all those impressions of the weekend I would call it some kind of 'spirited ride' :lol:

cu all next year, or maybe on some Events over here !?

• Like 1

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

It was good to see you and your overly tall friends! I can't believe that the worlds 3 tallest people all drive Lotus's! :(

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Great to see so many 2Elevens over the weekend, miserable gits!

http://www.edp24.co....3A41%3A01%3A573

Lotus convoy snakes its way across Norfolk

briscoek20091018154705.jpg

Lotus Owners Club members leave Dunston Hall in a convoy of cars for their charity drive to Cromer.

A convoy of dozens of super cars snaked their way from Norwich to Cromer at the weekend, drawing admiring glances from those along the route - all in the name of fun and charity.

All carried the Lotus marque, with models ranging in age across four decades and brands including the Esprit, Elise, Exige and Elan M100.

Dubbed the 'factory frolic 2009' and organised by the Lotus Forum, the weekend event was made up of the Saturday drive from Dunston Hall on the edge of Norwich, via Acle and Stalham, finishing in Cromer, then an evening dinner with charity auction, followed by a Sunday visit to the Hethel headquarters of Lotus for a factory tour and track events.

Those track events included test driving of the Evora, the newest mid-2008 addition to the Lotus stable.

The drivers in the Saturday convoy included international visitors from Canada, the US, Finland, Germany and Denmark, several who had brought their cars from their home countries to take part.

"It was quite some sight for people driving the other way or for anyone standing by the roadside," said one of the organisers Tony Kimberley, whose father is the recently retired chief executive of Lotus, Mike Kimberley.

"People were waving and cheering and taking photographs as we passed, it was a lot of fun for everyone."

The convoy stopped at the Runton Road car park in Cromer and participants walked into town for traditional seaside fish and chips and caf

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

[quote name='G

Evora NA