free hit
counters
The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - Page 7 - The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009

Sorry Bibs - lots of reasons for not coming - a track day at Goodwood being just one of them. Trouble is, the 2-11 is a pants car for going away for the weekend in - no luggage space, no weather protection - and lets face it - October is never guaranteed decent weather - and uncomfortable for long journeys - and for most of us Norfolk is a long way away!

Glad it went well though and you all had a good time :D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

PM-II 44 is also home now.

A little bit later as driving 180 km/h constantly takes a lot of concentration in an Elise.

Also I was too tired so I stopped for a short sleep in the car (yes, in the car) at a service station at the autobahn in germany about 400km away from Berlin.

So home coming time was about 4:30 am.

It was very nice to be there. Had a great time with all of you.

My car completed it's 30.000th km on the testtrack (at home).

Not so fine - at the last petrol refilment in Ipswitch the fuel tank gap said goodbye in pieces so after we arrived in France by ferry we have broken it open so I could refill again.

Now its closed with duct tape. :-D

A big Thank You from Ines and me :( to all people involved, too many to name, I suppose....

They all helped to make this an unforgettable weekend. Sunday was fantastic and Saturday...convinced us to book our next summer holidays in Cromer :)

It was nice to see all the familiar faces and met some new ones...

...now I am off to rob a bank :lol: or such to put down my deposit for my new car... :baby:

7016_1243935986576_1474656160_666047_1052400_n.jpg

Enjoyed the event at Lotus and I was just a chauffeur for the Father of BLUE Esprit Turbo SE (V8 PLC)...

Particularly liked the staff as always at Hethel who are friendly and very knowlegeable. And the bacon baps and coffee.

Lotus Lisa laughed as Lotus Dave (the tall driver of the Evora at the racetrack who you lucky people followed...) recounted the story of the copper coloured Esprit he drove back to Cortina for the James Bond movie ''For your Eyes Only' and they had to wait days for the snow, so bought a machine to make it! They stayed for a few drinks instead, oh and yes, it replaced the white Esprit shell that was blown up. Original car resides at the Bond Collection at Keswick Museum complete with skiis, so a good idea for one of your jaunts, Bibs.

Envied the enthusiasts whose cars made my mouth water-so just joined. Many thanks.

Edited by A A C C

I just got SMS from Jukka !

and They are almost home (9PM localtime) but has still lille probem with Cluch/gearbox with some noise....

Glad that Jukka arrived save at home, I was a little worry about it . My *Duct tape and wire rope* things can help on Daniels car, bud not on the V8 gearbox/clutch problems.. .

And as i say, this was not only an fantastic weekend for me -the prove was made that all is well on the Esprit. Over 2000km and 6 rounds on the track. The car made it back on its own wheels !!!! A Lotus can be reliable, even the old ones.. :)

..sadly, LEFty is gone now on it's next round around the world. Haven't seen *him* on the Dunston :baby:

Bud there is an new guy helping me out on the inspections. Maybe he can solve the 'bad ground' on the fuel-gauge that is still present from time to time.

many thanks also go to our friendly group guide, the lovely Scottish lady :(

Edited by G

Hi Bibs & Laura and eveyone,

We had a great weekend, thanks for oganising it. These events are not easy to organice so big thanks.

Also big thanks to Louise and GKP for changing group with us. This made me possible to test Evora. This car was as good as I think. So now must make some economical calculations. Living in this 'tax-loving' country it's hard to buy a new Lotus.

Special thanks to Sparky! About helping with clutch problem. When we started our way to Harwich, the gearchange was better than ever. Unfortunately in Harwich I heared a strong voice then I lift clutch pedal up. This voice is something like cats meow, but stronger.

Yesterday, I drove carefully through Denmark and Sweden, only 950 km. We spent a night at hotel in Stocholm, and today we sat in a ferry between Sweden and Finland. We arrived home about 30 min ago, only 170 km drive.

Car is quite noisy now, but gears are very good to use. I will call my friends tomorrow and we will check what is wrong.

Hey Jukka, glad you made it! Is the noise from the clutch pedal? If so (and if the gearchange is still good), it's probably complaining that it's finally got some pressure to work against...

The gearchange is good and the noise appears at same time when car starts to move (on 1.st and reverse). So I think that it's more serious. Hadn't time to analyse it yet.

Hi Bibs - Laura and co.

Thanks for a fantastic week end.

Great bash on Saturady night.

I'll have to save more pennies ready for next time..........

Good to see the tap and die set made a few quid.

Took the trouble and strife round the test track on Sunday.

She thought she would be OK as we would onlt top 70 MPH.

She spent most of it under the glove box....................!

Thanks one again.

I'll be one of the 1st on the list if I have the chance again.

I did't know who Kimbers was...........I do now............He is royalty.............!!!