free hit
counters
Esprit N.A. Engine Cover? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

ok, so for the 88-90 Normally-Aspirated (N.A.) Esprits, they removed the glassback as seen on the standard SE cars:

Esprit_NA_red.jpg

Esprit-NA.jpg

I am wondering what the inner engine cover looks like there... Is it different then the SE ones? How is rain and stuff prevented from entering the engine area?

shade

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is a plate under the grill at the back of the cover, other than that they're the same. The plate diverts water to the edges of the cover to drip down the side of the engine, it's not brilliant!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sold my NA. You'll find it illustrated in the parts manual I would have thought.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

bingo. found it...

part #60:

coverbhjbfl.jpg

it looks like there is a raised lip that goes around the top, right and bottom making the water drip to the left side? correct?

still would like some pics from anyone who has this....

im possibly planning on removing the glass from my SE tailgate, filling in the ridge left with fiberglass, and installing a new canopy but have to get past the water problem with the grille first...

60 - A082U7068F -Watershield-Engine Cover

61 - A082U7069F - Spacer-Watershield - M4x20

62 - A082U7070F - Spacer Watershield - M4x15

edit: looks like the spacers on the right side (center of the cover) are 5mm shorter then the ones on the left side... making them drip to the left...

Edited by shadeone

ok so i think my engine cover once upon a time had this plate on it... i looked underneath and it looks like i have the spacers on the left side (part 61 in the pic above) and empty holes on the top of my cover... if im correct, does the right side of the plate mount to the screw hole marked 1 in this pic?:

img0981f.jpg

the big problem as stated above is, i dont think there is room for the plate to fit... the louvers are within a few milimeters of actually touching the top of my chargecooler:

img0979m.jpg

shade

Edited by shadeone
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will the V8 grills not allow water to drip into the spark plug wells? If it doesn't you'll be ok, if it does you'll need a similar plate I'm guessing.

The S4 cars with the same tailgate but 4 cylinder engines use a different inner engine cover that covers the spark plug valley... also there is a small plate under the driver side vent that directs water into a channel on the engine cover that bypasses the spark plugs as well... pretty clever design if you ask me! Im not at my home computer or else i would include some pictures to illustrate this..

shade