free hit
counters
Age of Esprit Owners - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Age of Esprit Owners

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Clark's Lotus Esprits were at his following age:-

1982{?}calypso red S3 turbo WPV972Y bought used in 1988 when aged 25

2000 azure blue V8SE W38 SAH {later V8 PLC}bought new from Stratton Motors when aged 37

2001 cobalt blue V8SE V8 PLC bought 2003 to replace written off above car. Age 40

His twin brother was running a succession of 3 Audi quattros at the same age 25 + so we have had fast cars for some time!

I used to travel a lot in Europe in Rover V8 SD1s and later Jaguar XJ6 where one could travel at 120 mph on the autobahn.

tonyc

Entering 4th Year with SE and 40th year with current body no modifications so i think i was 36 when i bought the Esprit - have been after it for 20 years...it was on a poster on my bedroom wall.

Now I'm not allowed posters on any of the walls...

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

I have an S4 and I am 53 but I dont consider myself old, just a bit used....

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Bought the S2 in 1997 when I was 20 years & 10 months old as a 21st birthday prezzie for myself. The S2 was the model I always wanted!

Edited by peteyg

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

X180 at 32. V8 at 40

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Bought the 82 Turbo in 1988 when I was a sprightly youth of 42 summers..."Life, the Universe and Everything"..

Still got it as an old fart of 63 come Monday.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

hmmm 89 turbo when I was 30

V8 when I was 34

Swapped the Turbo fir the G Car when I was 35

Must admit it is fantastic having the young and old cars as driving them is a completely different experience (apart from listening to see if something is breaking lol)

Deffo good with the wind though lol

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Defo a trend for mid thirties from some replies here.... mid age farts?

Wait a minute -- mid-thirties isn't middle age!!! :P

Hmm . . . as for me:

Bought an S1 when I was 23

Bought an S1 when I was 29

Bought an S1 when I was 31

Bought an S1 when I was 32

Bought an S1 when I was 33

Bought an S1 when I was 33

I definitely see a trend here. . . :PI should be picking up S1s at a rate of about 1 per week by the time I'm 50... :getmecoat:

My wife recognizes the signs of addiction in me, and suggested I be placed in a twelve-step program. . . .

. . . I told her I'm already half way there! :D . . . then I realized that I sold two of them, so I have a ways to go... :)

I'm 34 now -- G-cars are the fulfillment of childhood wonder. :P

By the way, anyone have an S1 they want to sell?

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Well I would have been in Esprit ownship if I could have afforded one when I was 15, but no licience and still at High School left me dreaming. I think I was 28 or 29 when investments allowed my dream to come reality. I got my 89 Turbo and I was 34 when I went to the dark side of Sport 350 ownership. Never looked back!!!

I have always had the outlook on life if you want something bad enough youll get it. If you didnt get it you didnt want bad enough :getmecoat:

350.gifNo.23

My first was when I was 17 but after her parents found out...woops wrong topic

It was several years ago at 51. Then was 53 for about three years and now I've been 55 for the past four.

Wife reckons I'm in my second childhood but she's wrong, I'm still in the first one.

DanR

Bought my S2 in 2004 when I was 51 but I had my first Lotus when I was 22 and my second when I was 27. Then it was too many years of boring family saloons, hatchbacks and MPV's as the family grew up. I was close to buying an Excel for several years but never quite had the spare cash. Had a big bonus in 2002 so it was time to start looking for another Lotus.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I cannot believe that some of you were still babes in arms when you had your first Esprit. I do not think that I would have been alive long enough to tell the tale had I owned such a machine when I was in my 20's.

My first car, a 1937 Austin 7 did not have an accelerator but a switch. It was either on or off. Same with car no 2 and number 3. Number 4 was a 1961 Mini Cooper out of the box and within 6 months destroyed it along with a tree. In fairness it was caused by oil on the road and light rain.

I do not think that I was a safe driver until I bought my first Lotus Super 7 at the age of 40 although I have never had an accident since the Mini Cooper saga in 1962.

As I said, I am 66 next month and still enjoy taking my Esprits well over 200 kph when the occasion arises.

When the day comes that I can no longer drive my Esprit, I will take get a one way ticket to Dignitas.

I was 18 when I got my Esprit S2 (and it wasn't my first Lotus!).

For my birthday, almost exactly 3 years ago, my dad pulled up out front in the Esprit. I had just sold my Elite I had through high school, had some money in the bank, and my parents knew I had been lusting after the Esprit for a while. They did the paperwork, I happily cashed my life savings to pay them back, and they picked up the few grand I fell short.

These are also the parents who bought me spark plugs one Christmas. They're horrible enabelers :getmecoat:

• Gold FFM

Great thread. I've enjoyed reading it immensely.

What was the question?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I've wanted one since I was 25 and have finally got one at 47, on the road just in time for my 48th birthday. The insurance is just about afordable now, though my broker said that if I waited until I was 50 I might get a further $100 discount. :rolleyes:

Too many Toys are never enough !