free hit
counters
Nighty Night - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Nighty Night

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi, Ian. I recommend the box-like wood supported and brick/stone/masonery covered kind, often referred to as "garages" here in the States. They don't often

blow away in the wind (except in tornado or hurricane conditions), and most come with one side able to be raised up for sufficient clearance to enter/exit the enclosure. It's always best to orient this toward the street for ease of use. :rolleyes:

Just kiddin'......

I used to use car covers quite a bit many moons ago, but haven't looked into it much lately. I would suggest that, once having procurred one, you immediately put your license plate number (or some other form of ownership indication if you're skittish about the plate # being advertised) on the cover in large characters, to discourage theft--they can be an easy target when left for long periods of time (from one who knows). A custom fitted cover is always best (if one is made for the Esprit--would be interested in knowing how the antenna is handled, and if there are ones tailored for "with/without" the wing) and fabric "breathability" might be a player--one would hope that the manufacturers of such covers have addressed this issue, as well as the potential for paint abrasion in breezy conditions. Aside from all that, the biggest conundrum for me was always what to do with the folded up cover when not in use. Do you leave it at home or stuff it in the car for possible enroute use, and thereby take up valuable storage space in the boot? Perhaps a lightweight (less bulky) version would be the way to go?

If and when you decide upon the solution best for you, let us know how everything turns out. I'm certain that there will soon be "been there, done that" responses forthcoming from other members.

Cheers,

John

(Ha! That didn't take long, now, did it? "The man who never sleeps" and the Oracle of Espritism has beaten me to the "send" button once again. :shock: )

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

A custom fitted cover is always best (if one is made for the Esprit--would be interested in knowing how the antenna is handled, and if there are ones tailored for "with/without" the wing)

The ones sold in our shop are custom made, they ask for details & photos of the car to ensure the best fit possible.