free hit
counters
NWEG Event - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

NWEG Event

Robert Crooks

We have a number of NWEG members who have expressed interest in visiting the Tatton Show on 23/08. Assuming we do this in the morning, we could also make the trip to the Rudyard Hotel near Leek to have lunch with NMEG and EMEG. It should take 45 mins to get from Tatton to Rudyard, but we would need to be at the show early to make the most of the Show. This also assumes that NMEG won't be lunching to early (which I am checking).

We will find a convenient location where we can meet before proceeding to the Show in convoy. Will confirm this once we have a clear view of where all members will be travelling from.

Definite attendees are as follows. Please add to this list if you will be joining us:

1 Robert Crooks

2 CarlC

3 Tony Chapman

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NMEG boys are hoping to lunch around 1pm. Be good to see as many NWEG guys as possible.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Recognising where we are al starting from and the destination, I suggest we meet at the services at the junction of the M6/M56. It has a reasonable sized car park, but suggest we park in the section furthest from the McDonalds. Assuming we would like to have about 3 hours at the show, I suggest we meet from 08.00 onwards with a view to leaving by 08.45 for the short drive to Tatton - show opens at 09.00. We will then aim to leave the show at 12.00 to meet the NMEG guys at the Rudyard Hotel before 13.00. Is that OK with everybody? Alternative proposals welcome.

1 Robert Crooks

2 CarlC

3 Tony Chapman

4 CobraEsprit

Tony

It's one of those that covers both. It's on the soutbound side just before the M56 junction. For us, we will exit the M56 onto the northbound M6 and bear left to leave the motorway before we join the M6.

Yes makes sense for you to come to me. Were No94, the drive immediately after the nursing home on the left, just over the canal. Suggest you get to me about 7.45?

Robert

Good man Graham! Have a great time everyone, looking forward to pics <_<

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It was great to meet Paul and his family and Carl today. Shame you couldn't join us for the day Carl, but I really appreciate you making the effort to come and see us first thing this morning. I hope we can get a larger group together on 27/09.

It was also great to meet up with Graham and Alex from NMEG and Mark from EMEG at the Rudyard Hotel.

Tatton was good on a warm but cloudy day. Here are a few pics. The last 2 are of the us leaving the Rudyard Hotel after lunch. The Noble belongs to Graham Crook.

Robert

Edited by Robert Crooks

Thanks for making us feel so welcome. Had a really nice time ( think the MG kept up fairly well ..........not).

Managed to get loads of pics of real wheel clearance with different tyre sizes, would of loved to have shown you my car, book me a space for next year !!!!!!!!!!!

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

005.jpg

Well it has got a lotus engine ????????????

Thanks for taking the time to organise this little run out Robert. Good to meet up with yourself, Tony and Paul and looking forward to the next meeting. Shame Paul's supercharged monster isn't road worthy yet, I was looking forward to seeing that in action.

Pity you couldn't make it to the Rudyard Hotel Carl.

Would have been great to hook up with you again.

Perhaps next time?

Cheers,

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Hi Graham,

Yea, I was disapointed not to be joining the guys at Tatton and missing out out Joining up again with you guys from NMEG for a pint after all this time. I was really pushed for time at the weekend and I at least wanted to make the effort to me a few new people and say hi in person. I should be in a better position by our next meeting, asuming the exhaust manifold holds up. At least I've got something to look forward to and I'll keep my eye on the events to see if can meet up with you all again as soon as possible.

Catch you all soon. :whistle: