free hit
counters
I WON! or the Esprit WON! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I WON! or the Esprit WON!

OwenGT3

Hi,

I attended the Rougham Air and Classic Car show today, brilliant event, lovely weather and something for everyone there. Anyway T and I were sitting near the Esprit having our lunch when an official came up to us and asked if we were the owners, what my name was then said I've won an award and could I go in the arena to collect the prize later.

Apparently I had won best 'Post War (Modern) Sports/GT Car', The prize was a certificate, but it's the fact that all my endless polishing and TLC had finally rewarded me. I think I was up against a few cars, there were some modern Ferrari's, TVR, Jaguars and Lotus cars there, but the old Esprit won the day.

So you can imagine I was even more chuffed to add to what was a brilliant day out, glad I went now! :)

My certificate.

Certificate.jpg

In the arena

DSCF5146.jpg

DSCF5147.jpg

You can view the day's images here: Rougham Air Show

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there ever any doubt, Owen? :):):sofa::rolleyes:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Congrats to the both of you! :respect:

Excellent proof that you don't need to be the priciest, newest and fastest to win an award. Glad these folks decided on good taste rather than the numbers game.

Congrats OWen. Well done.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Good work Owen, nicely done :respect:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Looks great in the photos. Are you having second thoughts on selling now?

Thanks everyone, the certificate will be displayed at future shows from now on. God, I'm gonna end up like those people with the boards covered in rosettes in front of their vehicle! :respect:

As for selling the car, it looks like its post-poned for a while, we did have a For Sale sign in the car yesterday, but Tracy made me remove it after winning, saying how could we sell it now, it's our pride and joy. Although it does help when I do come to sell it having won shows as best car.

I got talking to a guy who owns the 1970's Elite prototype, owned by Chapman for a while, he said his engine has now done 240,000 miles, so the Lotus engine does have a good working life.

The only problem now is, now I've won I've got to keep this up!

Owen :lol:

Edited by OwenGT3

Congratulations, excellent :respect:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Tracy made me remove it after winning, saying how could we sell it now, it's our pride and joy

Sounds like you have cracked it there mate, that's the "free pass"!

Have to say everything in the backround of your photos, E Types included, looks extremely ordinary compared to the Esprit. I think that's why there are so many long term owners, what else are you going to get as a working class person that's so exciting?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Owen - well done mate. Have to agree with the others on the colour! Wish I'd come up to this event, and also HH earlier in the month.

Can I please have 1st dibs if you seriously do want to sell anytime?

Dave.