free hit
counters
NWEG September run and meet - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Robert Crooks

NWEG September run and meet

Guys

This is the proposed date for the next run and meet. Destination yet to be determined, but I am keen to get this in the diary as I would like to use this meet to have a discussion about what we all want to get from our Group going forwards, future events, expanding membership etc. I hope that most of you can make this. Please list below to confirm.

1 RobertC

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Count me in.

1. Robert Crooks

2. David Walters

Would love to come to the meet , don't think the Esprit will be finished by then but could meet you !!

1.Robert Crooks

2.David Walters

3.Paul Roberts

Hey Paul,

It will be nice to meet you and see your Esprit!

David

I'll be there!

1.Robert Crooks

2.David Walters

3.Paul Roberts

4.Tony Chapman

Well, the manifold is still blowing but as long as it doesnt get any worse I'll come along to support the numbers.

1.Robert Crooks

2.David Walters

3.Paul Roberts

4.Tony Chapman

5. Richard D

6. Carl C

St davids is only about 1 mile from my house, Horse shoe pass is awesome.....will take my camera and get some great pics up there, if you go that way LLangollen would make a perfect venue for lunch. The Midland group were going to come up to north wales this weekend maybe could have a meet up with them at the pondarosa on the top of the pass ????

OK, based on feedback to my PM, it looks like a North Wales run is generally favoured.

We have a number of options. Those that wish to could start at the Tudor Rose at Two Mills near Neston. This is where the local Club Lotus group gather on the last Sunday in each month. This would be a slight detour for those in transit from the East, and would involve travel in the opposite direction to our final destination for those based around Hawarden. However, I understand from David that this group includes a number of Esprit owners who are not currently Forum members, and so apart from meeting other Lotus owners, could be good from a recruitment perspective.

David, do you know what time they meet so that we can work out timings?

Assuming that not all venture to the Tudor Rose, we could then meet the rest of the crew at St David's Hotel, Ewloe. After a short break there, we would then head for the Ponderosa cafe on the Horseshoe Pass via the A494, A541, B5429, A525 and A542 (or any alternative routes that the locals, ie Steve and Paul prefer). This is a hang out for bikers and sport car drivers and should provide a good opportunity for refreshments and chat. I believe this is around a 35 mile run from St David's.

In principle, this might look like:

08.30 South and North Manchester contingents meet at M56/M6 services

09.00 Leave M56/M6 services

10.00 Arrive Tudor Rose

11.00 Leave Tudor Rose

11.30 Arrive St David's Hotel

11.45 Leave St David's Hotel

12.30 Arrive at Ponderosa Cafe

14.00 Head for home or futher afternoon run for those that want to

Of course, if we all go to the Tudor Rose, we can miss the stop at St David's and either stay at the Tudor Rose longer, or find a longer route to the Ponderosa Cafe.

I am conscious that, for some, this does not involve a lot of driving, and am very open to alternative proposals.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Just got your PM. Club Lotus don't meet until about lunchtime. I think from your PM that you are working the other way round. St.David's Hotel first then Horse Shoe pass and back to Tudor Rose.

I can't stay out that long so this would work out better for me as the Tudor Rose is about 15 miles away from home.

Let me know the plans and I'll try and make it there.

David Walters

Thanks for putting the plan together Rob.

I was looking to join you all up to about Tudor Rose then head back after that. But my boys got a football match at 11 and a 45 minute motorway drive back from the Tudor Rose without having much time there to meet everyone but a bit of a mocker on it for me. Escpecially when at the back of my mind - I've got my manifold to nurse at the moment.

So sadly, I'm gonna duck this one. Besides, SuperDave's going and I dont fancy forking out for the massive bar tab I've built up with him over the years. :)

Carl

That's a shame. Hope you can get that manifold sorted soon so that you are able to get out with us for a full blown (excuse the pun) run.

David has confirmed that the Club Lotus guys meet at the Tudor Rose between 12.00 and 13.00. So, subject to any alternative proposals, my proposal is now to do the run in reverse, ie:

08.00 South and North Manchester contingents meet at M56/M6 services

08.15 Leave M56/M6 services

09.00 Arrive at St David's Hotel

09.30 Leave St David's Hotel

10.30 Arrive at Ponderosa Cafe

11.30 Leave Ponderosa Cafe

12.15 Arrive at Tudor Rose, Neston

13.00ish Head for home.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this, or alternative proposals. and confirmation of those definitely doing all or part of this run apart from David and I.

Robert

Tony

suggest we leave mine at 7.30 latest.

Paul

could we stop by yours immediately after we leave St David's to see the beast, on the way to the Horsehoe Pass?

thats great will see you at st. davids at 9

Guys didnt get a PM but just checked this thread to see the details.

At that time on a Sunday morning I will def be in bed with prob too much alcohol in my blood to drive and Wales is a but far for me for a North West meet.

Well done for organising something and I may get to see you guys around lunch time at the Club Lotus meet but the Grand Prix might keep me indoors.

Have fun and drive safely!

I am going to have to back out.

The bearings on one of my cam belt idler pulleys has totally disintigrated. Luckily no damage to the valves and pistons.

I will see you on the next run.

Tony

Sorry but something has cropped up that I have to attend to in the morning, may well see you at the Tudor Rose..

Is anyone turning up at this meet? I think it's only me and Robert going now?

Any other takers?

Dave, looks like just me and you, although some others may turn up at the Tudor Rose. What do you want to do. I definitely want a trip out in the morning. We could just meet at the Tudor Rose at 12.00, or we could meet a bit earlier and have a run out somewhere.

Not sure if Steve was still planning to join us? I will PM him.

Hi Robert,

I've just PM's you about mats, why don't you come over to my house in the morning and we can decide what to do. Tudor Rose is about 20 minutes away so we can go for spin then pop in to recruit and few Esprit owners? We could go and see Paul's car in Hawarden and even pop over to Steve's. All are within 1/2 hour of each other and Tudor Rose.

We can then discuss the future of other meets with NWEG and maybe have the next one closer to Manchester for the other owners who couldn't make it?

David

Tony, really sorry to hear about your engine problems. Sounds like it could have been worse! Does this leave you car-less for getting down South for the week? Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Dave and I are meeting up at his this morning and heading for the Tudor Rose at 12.00. Hope to see some others there.

Paul, we could come across and see your car before going to the Tudor Rose, say about 11ish, if you are around?

Steve, we could could also come and meet you before we head back to the Tudor Rose?

Let us know if that works for either of you.

Robert

Well David and I met as planned mid morning and then headed down to the Tudor Rose for about 12.30. I had to leave by 1.30 to pick up my daughter, but got to meet and talk to quite a few Club Lotus guys, including a few non-Forum member Esprit owners. We tried some recruiting and even got some potentially interested in the Frolic. Richard (Mancunian) joined us at about 13.15 in his lovely Red 02 V8. Good to see you Richard. Sorry we didn't get to talk for longer.

We are going to arrange another event in the Manchester/Cheshire area shortly where we can hopefully get a good group together to discuss future events.

Robert

Hi Robert

So sorry to miss the run, was looking forward to washing the car and relaxing for the weekend for a change.

The car has been noisy for a while but on the drive up on Friday it got worse. Cruised home the rest of the way. Took the cam covers off and the bearings of one of the idler pulleys had lost the ball bearings and was running on the metal. No damage luckily to the castings. Cam belt looks a bit worse for wear too. Time to change them both anyway.

I have borrowed the old mans Rover Tourer to get back down tonight. It will be a slow trip I think.

Tony

Sign in to follow this