free hit
counters
Tapping noise - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mutski

Tapping noise

Very sad to hear all of this.

Indeed the liners were not SE ones but the pistons fitted were believed to have been.

That amount of crap in the engine I have no reason for other than it must have happened when DPO stripped it following his overboosting and subsiquent head gasket failure! I do vaguely recall him repainting the covers.

Theres no way the paint carried out by LEF could have made in in there as the egine was built in Caerphilly but the cam covers, plenum and turbo pipe were painted in Kent. Unless there was a strong wind that day!

I really feel for you mate, I've no doubt you handed over strong money for this car and have been stiffed. The dealer should take part of the responsibility, they seem dodgy to say the least with their "Private Sale" by his brother philosiphy!

Good luck mate!

Chunky Lover

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry to hear the expensive news. At least you now know what you are up against.

I really feel for you mate, I've no doubt you handed over strong money for this car and have been stiffed. The dealer should take part of the responsibility, they seem dodgy to say the least with their "Private Sale" by his brother philosophy!

!

Didn't the dealer use the same tactic when he took the Esprit as a swap for a Jaguar originally?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Hi Mark,

I saw your car in sportomotive last August as mine was in there for cam gasket replacement etc, and like yours mines got a small exhaust leak which you can hear on the over run.

I had some concerning issues regarding knocking noises on the overrun as well as the exhaust leak which i will need to sort out sooner rather than later which is either main bearings or big end (until it is investigated i wont know for sure) but very much a result of an after market adjuster put on the turbo by the previous owner, causing it to overboost (also a reason for bringing the car in for service)

Dave at sportomotive mentioned the racket that your car made when it came into them (luckily mines not that bad)

There are so many threads on this forum about people who insist on getting more power out of the standard engine, all with serious consequences!

How is your rebuild going??

i will more than likely be bringing my car back to them early next year to sort out my issues (expensive X-mas for me)

Regards, Luke

Wow 2009!

What ever happened to this? I’ve not seen or heard of this car since? A post of Facebook jogged my thoughts on it but can’t find anything more recent While searching around.

Chunky Lover

Slow day?

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

You’d think, I saw the photo of your cherry flapkjacks and thought about YTO 08Y....

That and a post from SWLC with a Y reg red turbo too 😂

not aire ive posted on here since 2009 either 😂

Hello TLF world 👋

• Haha 1

Chunky Lover

I love it when you talk dirty.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

1 hour ago, williamtherebel said:

Just checked the number plate online and there is no record of it that I can find???

Yeah I checked that out first as well. Would love to know where it is and how it’s doing....

its like a story with no ending as it is...

15 minutes ago, Sparky said:

I love it when you talk dirty.

It doesn’t stop at talking with you sexy man....!! 😍😍❤️❤️💦💦

Chunky Lover

I have a very hazy memory of it having a plate change once it left the clutches of its cleaning enthusiast owner. If I could be arsed I'd check through about four laptops and a couple of PCs to attempt to find a photo. 

But I can't. 

Lazy boy ;)

• Haha 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Fock sayyk! :lol:

Bigsi1.jpg.04336a4d77dadda512ac8b10fc581b54.jpgBigsi2.jpg.e1ab7a1a17527e5adec35780381d704b.jpg

(Photo was uploaded to my Photobucket account March 2010, but I can't see when it was actually taken)