free hit
counters
Skiing In an Esprit - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Skiing In an Esprit

Have just found my old laptop and found these pictures from 2002.

I went skiing to Sweeden to a place called Salen .........in my car

I got a few strange looks as I got on the ferry at Newcastle for Gothenberg and even stranger looks when I drove off the ferry over there.

I drove about 200 miles north to the skiing area and people nearly fell over with thee eyes glued to the car

OH memories !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture024.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously cool/brave pics!

Never seen an Esprit sporting snow chains before.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I had a ball over there, the esprit is really easy to drive in snow it breaks traction and slowly glides ..... must admit though had my biggest ever "moment" over there.

On the road from salen to stokholm, with no chains, i was doing ***mph on a really well gritted road, but I did not know at the time if the temperature falls below -18 c they do not grit the roads as it freezes.

Like the UK it has counties and some see the forecast for really cold weather and DO NOT grit the road.

Well it was like the most scared I have ever been suddenly from a well gritted road it was snow and sheet ice and I was over ***mph, I just thought " at least if I go I would be doing something I love ".

I slowly lifted off the throttle, praying the back did not lock and gripped the steering wheel in the straight ahead position. I think that if you look really close at the steering wheel in my car it still has the grip marks in it.

I also think my pants changed colour :o:):shock:

Please note that the maximum allowed image dimensions are 800px on the longest side. This info is posted in the 'forum info & help' section.

Cool pics though! I tried driving in the snow, 295's on the rear don't help!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Fantastic Paul - I love it, pics are great hope you didnt get any scratches on the paint work! Ohmy!

Having just got back from a large ski resort myself the Esprit would have made it no problems with out chains. No snow or ice on the tar sealed road right into car park. But if it had snowed or worse - no way id do it, perhaps next time? ! ? :-o

350.gifNo.23