free hit
counters
My New Wheels/Tyres.....pass the tissue - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

My New Wheels/Tyres.....pass the tissue

Have got some new wheels and tyres today so no need for me to change my PCD or make adaptors :) .

The fronts are 8.5 x 19 with 108pcd clad with 245/35YR19 Continental Sport Contact 2's

The rears are 10.5 x 19 with 108pcd clad with 295/30YR19 Continental Sport Contact 2's

Just need to change the centers for a PROPER LOGO :yes:

001-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beautiful!!! im anxious to see how the 19s look and fit on the front on the SE! let us know if there is any rubbing issues or whatnot....

also are you planning on lowering the car at all? i know putting bigwheels on these things sometimes makes em look like 4x4s unless something is done to reduce the wheel well gap...

shade

Blimey, nice! I thought 550 Maranello split rims had a continuous bolt pattern, I've not seen them like that before! Ferrari's have some beautiful wheels! :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Have just got back from PNM and got my shiny new adjustable suspension, so I can sort out the possible problem with gap between the tyre and arch.

Have been looking at discs that wont look lost behind them it looks like I may go for 360mm front and 323mm rears.

• 2 weeks later...
They are split rims from a 550 maranello the front have a ET24 and the rears have a ET30, so will need to space them a bit.

So are you saying the 550 Maranello wheels have the same PCD and hub diameter as the stock Lotus wheels?

Not that you're likely to get a set cheap on ebay (unless the donor car is now up on bricks!) but I'm interested in options to increase the brake disc diameter, particularly the fronts (320 - 330mm is about as far as you can go with the standard 17 inch wheels).

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Does that mean most Ferrari wheels will fit with spacers etc? They do some nice ones.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Have spent most of today test fitting the wheels, I decided that instead of using the standard bolts ( which make changing wheels a nightmare) I would replace them with studs and nuts. Having done my calulations for the offset I bought 60mm for the rear and 40mm for the front..................

005-3.jpg

When I have finished with the brakes/hubs etc I will locktight the new studs into the hub and torque them to around 100 Nm to ensure that they do not unscrew when I remove the nuts later on....

003-3.jpg

So I started on the rears first here are some shots of the old and new together....

002-4.jpg

Ok now for the first wheel, I have not made the spacers yet and think I do not need to !!!! the wheel fits perfect to the arch and clears all the suspension.............yipeeeeeeee.......

016-1.jpg

I also fitted the new adjustable rear suspension from PMN with 9inch 350 lbs 2 1/4 springs ( the springs are dirt cheap so if I want to increase or lower the stiffness wont cost the earth !!!!)

015-1.jpg

So onto the front's again the old and new

009-1.jpg

Fitted the new studs.......

010-1.jpg

Fitted the wheel again with no spacer and it again clears the arch and all the suspension great,

014-1.jpg

Strange thing is on the n/s it is just catching on full lock here

017-1.jpg

but not on the o/s.....Have measured the center of the hub to the sill on both sides and they are the same ??????? I think that they have put more fiberglass on the n/s ?????

The plan is to drill a small pilot hole where it's catching and see how much material there is , then use a sander to remove enough to clear, If I use spacers it will make the fit worse as the wheel will be further away from the pivot point...

Tomorrow I will also be fitting the front suspension.............

Edited by cobraesprit

Looking good, your going to need some real big brakes to fill those wheels up!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hmmm: it seems the prancing horse made a return to the center of your wheels though :secret:

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg