free hit
counters
Brits build fastest steam powered car - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Brits build fastest steam powered car

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

England home of the Steam Car :whistle:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

And the supersonic car of course (anyone seen the new one they are building to do 1000mph LOL)

We've got innovation, brians, deisgn and all sorts over here it's always been that way - its just the leadership / govt dont have a clue what to do with it tell them to get lost...

facebook = [email protected]

Fellas Richard Nobles Thrust 2 and Thrust SSC (the current Record Holder) are both in the Coventry Museum of British Road Transport. Free Museum thats highly reccomended for all Petrolheads :whistle:

I work for Calor, we provided the propane that heats the water. Note our stickers on the car. I missed out somewhere, while all this was going on I was surveying Morrisons petrol forecourts, and not at Edwards, must get onto my boss.

Fellas Richard Nobles Thrust 2 and Thrust SSC (the current Record Holder) are both in the Coventry Museum of British Road Transport. Free Museum thats highly reccomended for all Petrolheads :whistle:

I worked on part of the ThrustSSC project, got to sit in it and everything.......... :)

Hilly

Edited by hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

I worked on part of the ThrustSSC project, got to sit in it and everything.......... :whistle:

Hilly

I can see why you stuck a 4.2 litre lump in a little car now. Chasing the dream eh hilly??

Edited by Alex --GT3--

Congrat's GB great accomplishment! Tough job to get MPH out of hot water. England had the most patents at the turn of the20th century -best Mechanical Engineers in the world - then and now - as far as I'm concerned. Also the most interesting cars - but I may be biased.