free hit
counters
[Ebay-bot] Lotus Esprit Series 3 Tuned Rover V8 Engine - For Sale - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

[Ebay-bot] Lotus Esprit Series 3 Tuned Rover V8 Engine

ebay

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick is well known to this forum.

Engine bay looks really ropey to me. Lots of work still to be done both mechanical and bodywise.

As you say, not one for the purist.

Seems over priced even at

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I wouldn't touch it with yours mate, Nick is well known on here and his descriptions have been known to be slightly less than reliable!

Pay a little more and you should be able to pick your self up a half decent runner I recon, which would be the best way to go in my opinion.

Chunky Lover

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs

I know what you are saying and i fully understand. I do like a project tho and am capable of all the work. Time is not always on my side with family etc but when i get going i steam in. I am waiting oon the sale of my bike as sort of have one in the pipeline but until its gone i cant get going.

I get to easily frustrated when i want a project and end up just jumping at the first things i see. Will give it some thought and maybe keep looking.

Good man. You'll get a better car for it.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs

I got an email from nick anyway as i had already asked the question baout a del on the bike. He said the bike and a grand. Well the bike is up for

Hi Wayne,

do listen to the forum members, I have owned and sold around 30 Esprits now so well know, both good and bad things have been said about me, so it not new news.

Most people bid blind almost no one views and so perhaps some of my cars have been unfaily thought of post sale, and judged on photos rather than viewings - but i am am man and admitted when wrong, apologised when wrong, and in some instances accepted completly false statements because its not really worth trying to correct some peopel, i know i am right and that is ok by me.

Nuts yes i am to some degree for sure, if you look at the other two S3 project thoug on eBay - they are getting on for 2k in bidding and seem no better that my car, in paint terms you need to paint the rear hatch few marks but generally good, interior is there, rev counter is stil to be found, i removed it wjhen trying to use a conversion box someone on here kindly made to convert to 8 cylinders but i guess a excel one culd be brought for little money if I cannot find it.

I think 2.5k cash for my car is well in line with projects and my car is far from a basket case, its nice and clean now since i did the photos.

You bike, no bids at 2k, well why would i accept that as a swap, ? it overpriced in my view, and other biodders seem to agree, perhaps than touche for my car also, i have had many well several offers for 2k for mine but i do feel its worth a little more.

If i took you bike as px i have to advertise it for sale also.

Regards

Nick

Nick

Thanks for our conversation earlier. Hope no one has been offended. Conclusions is as we discussed something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. As we always say its better to view something first hand than to turn up and say "its not as good as you said mat" My opinion will always be different from the sellers and the sellers from the next person and the next etc. I value the bike somewhere in the middle of its price bracket 1750-2500 hence the 2K price tag. I wish you all the best with your sale of the car

Thanks

Just for the record, I considered buying this car instead of the Mutant (back in 2002 when it wasn't the Mutant) from Nick.

The car was in good shape then, in fact in better condition that what I ended up with.

The barn it has been stored in (along with all the other bits Nick has) is falling apart at best, hence it looks grubby, I would bet it would clean up pretty well.

It did have the correct tailgate on it when I saw it so not sure where that went.

The interior was in good shape and the rev counter converter was actually made by me for Nick, not that I am going to give a warranty for it ............ :whistle:

It isn't an original car, far from it, but you already know that, so it would make a good car with a bit of time spent on it, whether it is worth

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Hilly

thanks for adding that comment. I have had discussions with Nick about the car and he has explained all that you just have. He has advised a price for the car and it has got my attention as i am for a project and wouldnt keep a car stadard. I like to be different but not out on a limb where no one wants to talk to. I understand from the forum there is a big debate when it comes to originality but there is also some acceptance to modification provided it doesnt look like its been left in the hands of a 17year old boy racer!!

All i can say is "SOMONE BUY MY BIKE I NEED A PROJECT"