free hit
counters
Removing Pulserts - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Removing Pulserts

Removed front and rear spoilers - had to dremel off bolt heads, due to 50% of bolts being rusted in ali pulserts. Is there a recommended method of removing the rest of the bolt and pulsert, other than more dremelling?

Cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulserts...the Curse of the Lotus!! I had to tear the filthy things out bodily, or drill a pattern of holes around them during dismantling...all of mine were corroded solid and just turned around in the panel. Ended up running a nutplate production line..pop rivetted the nutplates in place and used stainless fasteners and lots of copper slip on re assembly. Now it all comes apart properly. I'd run a mile before I used a pulsert in anything...so much for production engineering!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 1 year later...

Reviving the only thread I could find on pulserts.

I've just had to removed the floor of the rear luggage compartment and most of the pulserts that are still attached to the body will spin if I re used them unless I hold them with some pliers so these are probably U/S. The others I've had to drill/dremel and as there is a pulsert sized hole in the bodywork where I'll want to put a bolt, an M6 probably wouldn't be the one to use when it goes back together.

What do people use to replace them, more pulsets with the expectation of the same problems next time, good old fashioned bolts or is there something better available out there?

Also the top of my gear box casing is filthy!

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Yup, I'll second that, I use them too. Also very handy for the side rear valance fitting under the battery.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Don't forget to apply a good dollop of grease before reassembly to aid removal in a few years time, in fact new pulserts will be fine as long as you grease them.

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

I refer to my previous post....make up nutplates, weld nuts to steel plates and pop rivet them on the far side of the panel. Use Stainless setscrews to go into them, loads of copper grease, and you'll never have another problem. Pulserts are the creation of Lucifer himself....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein