free hit
counters
Caught - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Caught

After bring off the road since march I have just rebuilt my esprit . Waiting on a dry day(weather has been shit here all summer). for a wee burst I ventured out last week and before you can say "pigs fly" the traffic branch are telling me how well the car is going. Did me for 104mph over 300yrds. on a short strip of motorway. I am seriously thinking I am too old for this hassle, safest place for this car is in the garage.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch but by the sounds of it you still have your car which is good. Over here that speed would get your car confiscated for 7 days under our hoon laws, $900 to get it out again. On our maximum speed roads, you would still be 50 km/h over which would cost you a court appearance and possibly 6 months license suspension.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Won't somebody think of the children! :(

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

bibs

children ?

on the motorway

imprison and flock them !

jcbjs 260

still have something nice lying round to avoid situations like this

rens

Edited by rens914

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

Your missing my point Rens.

Tuscan was the car Top Gear used to beat a speed camera! It went too fast through the camera so it didn't go off.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Surely the point is the car only goes as fast as you allow it too. Nothing to do with the car !

Perhaps you should lock yourself in the garage :secret:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

locking me in the garage is what my wife does but what the hell there's beer my bike my car and a tv over there

i live not to far from zolder circuit and not to far from the german border i dont use the car on regular basis. only for fun the only worries are the little piece of tarmac, they call the public dutch road, i have to cross till i can turn up the heat so no need to lock me up

besides that in the netherlands a stinger is forbidden and if they catch you it will cost you a. the stinger and b. € 250 of fine that's all and if you take out the reciever and hide that somewhere where they can't find it, they're not allowed to touch the stinger and can't give you the fine because it's a non working instrument/gadget there has been a lawsute about this and the fellow won !

rens

Can someone please tell me what Rens is talking about??? Over here a stinger is a device the police lay across the road with spikes in it to deflate your tyres. What does Rens mean by a reciever etc???

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

it's not a laserjamm'er

it's a detecting device with an antenna behind your front skirt and a recieving device in your car

it warnes you about 400 meters in front if a camera/laser is switched on or pointed in your direction

it gives you plenty of time to brake to a reasonable speed

it doesn't do anything if the camera is switched off

so it's relaxed driving passing a camera with about 150mph knowing it's not working

they are tested as the best but and allmost everywhere forbidden (i ask myself why :0))

in my country if you take away the reciever (mounted nar your knees) it's a non working dvice and as such not forbidden)

the new version of stinger is coming out this month and costs about 1 k

yust google stinger bell or stinger vector

there is a laser jamm'er wich you can attach to it but that's highly illegal

that will cost you jailtime

in my country there is still a fight going on about detecting beam's wich are freely in the air

it's like radio frequences. eberybody is free to recieve them

why not the other frequences (like camera and laser frequences)

saved me again twice last month

and

even in deutschland there are an increasing amount of roadparts where you're only allowed to drive 100 km. even in the night when there's nobody there to endanger

rens

Edited by rens914

We call them 'Speed Camera Detectors' and they're legal over here (for now!).

This is a Stinger in the UK...

97861.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Does anyone use a radar detector ? Just curious. I use Satnav but I havent looked into it for a while and wondered what is out there to help people keep to the speed limit.

I dont like this idea that under no-circumstances is speeding aceptable though, apropriate speed is fine

Someone in an Aston Martin is safer at speed than the average white van man I see on the mobile phone under the limit.

facebook = [email protected]

@rens - you're right: no limit zones have become very rare these days....

...but luckily my way to/from work is without limit (a part of the A9 between Nuernberg and Ingolstadt -

maybe the fact, that Audi tests and produces their cars in Ingolstadt makes this possible... just a thought :detective: )

...and yes, you could also be caught here - i was 26 kmh over the limit a month ago - makes 108,- EUR and 3 penalty points (with 16 points within 1 year you'll lose your license)....

Edited by jkr