free hit
counters
V8 GT BRG For Sale. Glasgow - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 GT BRG For Sale. Glasgow

dazmans3

I spotted this 2000 V8 GT for sale up here in Glasgow. Not sure If I've posted on right section as this is not an item on Ebay. So feel free to move to correct place if needed. Thought it might be worth listing on Forum. Looks in V good condition, though milage not listed. BRG Tan leather just

under 17k

Link is: Clicky

Look at the bottom car for sale & you'll see it

Daz

Edited by dazmans3

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, a 2 door estate. Price seems a bit low.

Spotted this one recently up here as well, although I thought the official 25th Anniversary run were all Federal models? And its got the wrong wheels for an '02.

http://brdwd.co.uk/cgi-bin/details.pl?v_vin=EG02KAE

Thought it might be worth listing on LEW Forum.

LEW doesn't have a forum. :secret:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I actually went in and seen this - I was just passing and saw the car through the window. It's been sitting there for weeks now - maybe a good 3 months come to think of it? It's not a bad example but it's quite tired looking when you're up close. I'm sure the milage is in the 40k region.

I also spotted the blue anniversary which looks very nice. Strange about the wheels tho?

^ Nerd! :secret:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I Had some spare time to kill while I was waiting for my flight from Glasgow to Southampton. So I decided to pop in to the garage for a closer look. They had some very nice motors on the forcout, but I only had just enough time to see the V8

53k & 5 owners with history.

Not much space in the showroom, but at least the Esprit made it indoors, unlike the other nice cars there

DSC02972.jpg

Interior looked in good nick

DSC02964.jpg

This looked like it had been drawn by hand. a standard feathure of the GT ? !!!!!!!!

DSC02970.jpg

DSC02963.jpg

Looks like bit of an oil leek by the turbo exhaust

DSC02973.jpg

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

• 1 month later...

"This looked like it had been drawn by hand. a standard feathure of the GT ? !!!!!!!!"

The shift pattern is an adhesive decal, available from Lotus for about $20 USD. The later V8's have them (I think) as standard equip. They are especially useful for "older gents" who sometimes suffer from memory lapses.biggrin.gif

"You'd have to be right old anorak plonker to do that."

Or a dedicated fanatic to notice that the boot security alarm/light switch is missing its rubber accordian cover.....available for free from Lotus of Thousand Oaks in California, but only if Ritchie happens to have a "breaker" Jaguar about. thumbup.gif Airfare to California is extra.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

the oily exhaust/turbo and the rusty wastegate actuator looks serious (turbo bearing blown !?). same is for the rotted car underside in general :) ...there really must be something in GB in the air :lol:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

It's not in the air Gunter, it's what they put on the raods! Salt!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

same is here, but there seems to be a little difference in mentality -you know those pictures of German weekends in smaller town ? Were on every driveway an car gets a cleanup , or an full cleaning on the shop... . There are people out here who clean the car every week from underneath, but not every one is on this way ....just imagine how my car looked on the first *I'm caught byurphy..* pictures . :)

It's not in the air Gunter, it's what they put on the raods! Salt!

Now, I've heard all the stories (warranted or not) about English food, Tony, but was not aware that macadam was on the menu!sofa.gif

(and yes, rocksalt is employed even here on rare occasions)

• Gold FFM

with salt ,or not -as long as none puts this oily stuff on the road it will be OK

• Gold FFM

It isn't that good after all... a lot of oil in the meal. But what would you expect from people who tend to fry everything -especially chocolade bars & wine gums :)

• Gold FFM

I don't meant that what's called German food is higher 'cusine'... . *the Jägerschnitzel* for example should originally be made in a pan, not with that massive use of oil ! What you see mostly is the fast way of industrial cooking -the fastest way is sadly to fry without any respect on the fine arts of cooking -it's sad, but thats the way the world goes nowadays :X But fried winegums is strange -isn't it !?

An special point in Germany is 'Bavarian' food -that's not generally German ! (sadly most US/Japanes tourist think Germany only consist of Neuschwanstein and king Ludwig and fatty food or Weißwurst & Sauerkraut...). Flour & potatoes is still the basic element of most meals and 'housewife-cooking' overhere. As sweet short meals or main menue.

As for the GDR-version of cooking: yeahh! That's what you have to do in a world where you can get citric-vitamins only if the frightships from Cuba have managed the way to you, and where meat is mostly meant 'cheap pig'... . My all time favorite (out of the old East-Germany school days) is this 'Jagdwurst'-Schnitzel plagiary , with tomato/onion-ketchup sauce and pasta. Or the so called Russian *soljanka* -as soup made out of the food-remains of one week (or even longer, as it tasted some days.. :rofl: )

Edited by G

Thank you herr Gunter. We at the Colonial Institute of Professional Thread Jackers would like to extend our appreciation and warmest regards for your assistance in masterfully redirecting what started as a discussion on a V8 GT BRG Esprit to a treatise on brown gravy and dead pig meat. Seldom have we at the Institute seen such cooperation in bringing about the complete and utter destruction of an otherwise innocent post.

We would also like to extend our thanks to Mr A. Kimberley for his catalytic reference to sodium chloride, thereby providing the necessary "opening" for said divergence. And, of course, that damn dog in Austin whose ADD affliction is largely responsible for most of our success to date.

Best regards,

Winston Ahftopique

Director of Public Relations

CIPTJ

• Gold FFM

Dear Mr. Winston,

as far as we in The Thread Jacking Amateurs Group can see, and mentioning the market situation, this special object of Hethel engineering will remain on its place for some time. So far there is nothing to worry about other topics and points to :thumbsup:

Our plan to rule the world in chaos & disharmony is still unchanged !

with regards

G

I'm sure its been on AutoTrader for a lot longer than 3 months - at least they've reduced the price.

There's a similar one up for sale in Wigan which I think must have been there for about a year - http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/346774.htm.

I went to look at this car in Dec 2008 and kick the tyres on behalf of "getreal" a LEF'r in NZ who was interested in exporting a V8. He just missed out on a Titanium V8 which I think was bought by "buckster" in Edinburgh. I believe it had been for sale for a couple of months before that and checking the dealer's website this evening it looks as if it is still there.