free hit
counters
V8 wheels on SE - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

V8 wheels on SE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Parts manuals are free to download for full members, you could look up your own part numbers then!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You can download ALL the parts manuals for allthe models so you will be able to see from then exactly what needs changing as you can then compare the part numbers.

I'm not sure if you can just swap the hubs and thats it, would have to check the manuals as suggested.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Chunky Lover

OK V8 hubs on SE what all parts i need for change?

oh yes V8 hubs that only thing what i know :D

part numbers r welcome :)

thx

Brake disks...

I turned my original SE hubs down on a lathe to 58mm (they go 'pop' when you pull the wheel off)

You can use V8 hubs but you need to change the brake disk as well as it's nothing like the original SE one, you might struggle with that becuase of the brake disk offset to the original caliper will be unique.

When Im doing the V8 hub on the GT2 sooonish :

New bearings

new hub

new disks

new calipers

Thats usually where people change over to a new braking system.

My advice is to take the original hubs off - set them in a lathe and buz them down to the right size - IF you dont want to change the braking system.

facebook = [email protected]

• 1 month later...