free hit
counters
kids not welcome! - The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fightingtorque

kids not welcome!

I can understand that the weekend involves dinners and getting lagered up and stuff, and that the sunday event involves circuit time which is obviously an insurance nightmare, but why can't there be admission for the kids to at least come and see all the cars, the factory etc on the sunday? Tickets say over 18's only.

I've got some friends over for the weekend. My mate has more money to spend on cars than sense, i.e. he drives a BMW X6 at the moment, and the elder of his two lads is a 6 year old car nut. It doesn't take a marketing genius to spot the potential in letting people come over with their kids to look at the factory and see a load of sports cars both parked and hooning on the track.

Apologies if I am bordering on speaking ill of someones' hard work, but I'd love to come along, with Esprit, and as the spec stands at the moment I won't be able to.

Gav

............. that's fightingtorque!!!

www.fightingtorque.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I guess it all comes down to the cost of the insurance premium.

These types of days are expensive for the factory to host (preparation in the week beforehand, restarting the production line the following week along with paying staff overtime) and then having to pay for a Public Liability Premium that covers minors will be far more expensive than 'just' allowing adults onsite.

If the insurance company says 'No - unless you pay us

It's extremely unlikely that the public/products liability policy would be the reason for children not being allowed.

Lotus have an annual policy that includes injury or damage to 'any person..'

Not saying they're doing this but companies often 'blame' their liability insurers when perhaps they simply don't want to do things

Unfortunately I don't have the inside information on Lotus' insurance situation like you seem to have, I'm just not important enough to be privvy to such details. I was purely offering a speculative explanation.

Maybe some people have sorted out childcare and sleepovers so they can have a break from kids for the weekend? Maybe tickets were bought for our evening function as a 'treat' one off weekend away without kids running about?

With so many tickets sold and hotel rooms booked at the expense of hundreds of pounds (two days off work, eating out for three days, Three nights hotel and fuel is about a grand to us anyway, I can't speak for others).

I'm fine with it personally, but I can see why some folk might not want a nursery, bouncy castle and clown added at the last minute to their weekend away.

:evil:

Unfortunately I don't have the inside information on Lotus' insurance situation like you seem to have, I'm just not important enough to be privvy to such details. I was purely offering a speculative explanation.

Calm down

Blimey I was simply trying to explain that it wouldn't be an insurance issue as you'd speculated.

Children are not being excluded from the hotel, the meal or the drive to the coast. Lotus have decided not to have children on site for the Sunday.

I think its due to the bus load of lapdancers being delivered at the factory for MJK's send off :evil:

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Lotus have decided not to have children on site for the Sunday.

Can someone tell me what the age cutoff for a child is? Is it 18 and over? 16 and over? I have a 17 yo and a 15yo and was hoping to bring one along.

Regards

Mark/.

It is a Lotus decision because teh day has specifically been organised for adults. I think technical talks, test drives (which they can't do) and beauty treatments mean kids will get bored. IMHO 17 years old should be fine but we can always check for you.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)