free hit
counters
Anyone fitted Sport 300 bodykit ? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Anyone fitted Sport 300 bodykit ?

Arches dont seem to fit - from the real car I have the alignment but the original inside of the arch is a completely different shape to the arch I am trying to put on to the point where its not even close to fitting right.

Front and rear arch sets are like this, I know I have to trim some bits off but I can still see 1/2 the car protruding out from under the stick on arch....really confused.

Wheres that punky fella ? :secret:

EDIT - OK the fronts are not that far out, they are out but it's recoverable - however the rears are not the right shape and ~1" short....wth is going on ?

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = [email protected]

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who me :secret:

The problem is, I completely agree with the above statement even though I only re-fitted mine after they were originally fitted by Stevie Wonder I think.

The front arches took a lot of jiggling about ,but first and foremost I tried to get the nose panel as perfect as possible then tried jiggling all three. Mine are not too bad now but either side are slightly different from each other.

The rears are I think slightly the wrong shape,Possibly from mold shrinkage.

Mine were a pig to do and still not right now. One of them I just stuck on with mastic quickly Because I needed to get the car back on the road, and its way out.

By the time you get the front and rear of the arch to line up with the bodywork the center of the arch is to high and seems like you need to stretch it out a little.

If I remember rightly I tried calling it names first before resorting to mindless violence. :lol:

and a couple of large spring clamps came in handy as well.

So it's not just me then.

Mine are mindlessly out of shape, they're not even remotely close. I'll cut them up tomorrow and fill them in with P40 (grp repair from halfords amazing stuff, bonds to the original grp like nothing I have seen).

Edit - In order to get them even remotely close I've had to slice them in half. Poor show really.

SJs aren't reknown for the quality of their pattern parts.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

B00006JSPB.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V60926141_.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Angle grinder comes to mind.

Might have to mould my own if it's any patch on the rear arch.

That thing is 1" too short so I've had to cut it up the middle and shape 1 half to make it the right shape to the arch / body. Not too phased cus I can do it, but anyone else who doesn't like fart arsing around with grp and their tools etc would not be impressed to say the least :detective:

When you pay

• Gold FFM

I'm in the same boat - I have the 300 rear arches in hand and on initial fitting - it will take quite a bit of grinding and cutting.....

I was hoping to get to them this past weekend - but ended up working on everyone elses' car....

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

• 3 months later...

I'm in the same boat - I have the 300 rear arches in hand and on initial fitting - it will take quite a bit of grinding and cutting.....

I was hoping to get to them this past weekend - but ended up working on everyone elses' car....

My Bank Manager didn't share my dream of owning a S300. . . so I now have the SJ arches on my car. . . and think they look great!

Bit of a bugger to fit but SJ's were very helpful. Having looked at loads of pics of real S300s the gap between the top of the rear wheel and the bottom of the rear wheel arch extension appears to be slightly teardrop shaped so I didn't feel too bad about having to take a little out of the top of the wheel arch,under the extension, to get the best fit.

• Gold FFM

looks like I have to pull the rear side markers and relocate them a few inches to the rear.

is that what you had to do? how did you remove them? I see a hole from the inside of the trunk, and can get I finger on the back of the light... but it's gonna be one of those PITA to get to.

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

• 1 year later...