free hit
counters
Battery type for a 2002? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Battery type for a 2002?

Guest bonedoc

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my 2003.5 manual (I assume your 2002 will be similar), the OEM battery is a Tungstone 088, 570 SAE amp battery with 100 reserve minutes. Length: 154 mm, Width: 175 mm, Height: 206 mm. The battery in mine is in fact the OEM Tungstone.

I'd line to replace it with a spiral-wound Optima unit. Anyone know which one fits?

Also, I've take to using a "Battery Tender Plus" to restore and maintain a charge on this and my other low-use vehicles. Though small and only of 1.5 amp capacity, this little wonder will restore and hold a charge on even older, weakened batteries. Highly recommended, as the later Esprit anti-theft system draws a considerable amount of current, all the time.

Best Regards,

Jay

Does anybody know the exact brand and type of battery the 2002 Esprit has? Mine was replaced, but is just a little too big to fit in that little spot back there.

According to my 2003.5 manual (I assume your 2002 will be similar), the OEM battery is a Tungstone 088, 570 SAE amp battery with 100 reserve minutes.  Length:  154 mm, Width:  175 mm, Height:  206 mm.  The battery in mine is in fact the OEM Tungstone.

I'd line to replace it with a spiral-wound Optima unit.  Anyone know which one fits? 

Also, I've take to using a "Battery Tender Plus" to restore and maintain a charge on this and my other low-use vehicles.  Though small and only of 1.5 amp capacity, this little wonder will restore and hold a charge on even older, weakened batteries.  Highly recommended, as the later Esprit anti-theft system draws a considerable amount of current, all the time.

Best Regards,

Jay

Does anybody know the exact brand and type of battery the 2002 Esprit has? Mine was replaced, but is just a little too big to fit in that little spot back there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I recently installed the 34R Red Top battery in my '01. Fit great with a slight mod to the lip on the battery case. 5 minute job.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/opt...pec_sheets.html

Hey, Otta:

Avon Connecticut? Small world. Started out there many years ago. Have friends there still. Still return to East Haddam (very close to the Goodspeed) for 1-2 weeks in the summer. Been quite a few places since. Now living in a Los Angeles beach city.

Used to road race along Rt. 9 (when it was fairly new and untravelled) in a 240Z.

Thanks for the Optima battery recommendation.

Best Regards,

Jay Brookstone