free hit
counters
Seatbelt replacement required - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Seatbelt replacement required

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I broke a V8 at the beginning of this year and the seat belts didn't sell. I gave all my parts to PNM Engineering. Give them a ring tomorrow as they have both in stock.

David

• 1 year later...

For information, I've had the seatbelt of my 300 sport locked in resting position 2 month ago.

I checked it out, and it was the plastic disc around which the belt self curls that was broken.

the spring could not bend anymore, locking the belt in resting position.

I called Lotus, and the seatbelt is marked at 256 Euro......

So I went to the nearest car junk yard with the Lotus, and asked them if they had ever seen such a seat belt.

5 minutes later, the employee comes back with a used roll.

We tried and it all worked fine: the clipping part, the size of the box, etc....the exact same seatbelt, except it is about 1 foot longer (regular cars have that seat belt hang near the door, whereas Lotus is direct through the backwall....)

It ended up costing me 15 euro.

The Lotus Esprit Sport 300 seatbelt is actually the same as a Renault 5 first generation seatbelt.........

ASTONISHING !!!

Olivier