free hit
counters
Dismantled 91 Turbo - Whats it Worth? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dismantled 91 Turbo - Whats it Worth?

SimonE

Been to view a 91 Turbo today - its in a very dismantled condition, apparently suffered a slipped cambelt (head looks in top condition). It's been off the road for 6 years but been garaged and looks in overall good condition, 100k miles.

Chap wants to sell it complete, but his valuation is a rather high in my opinion, realistically though the problem is its probably worth much more in its individual parts. Anyone got any thoughts on its worth? Its far too good to be broken....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it's worth more as parts, he must consider that if you purchase the whole lot, he's not left for months / years with parts that he considers too valuable to throw away but cannot find a buyer for, so it's worth less than the sum of all the potential sale of parts.

Hi Simon,

Is this the car based in N of England in red? I was sent an email and contact a couple of weeks ago about this car. Personally I don't think it's even worth

3 grand absolute TOPS.

Prob with non-working cars is how much else is there to do ?

If I had a quid for the amount of times I have heard "just needs xxx" where xxx means 1001 parts ontop of whats already stated.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

LOL Simon - the +2 has been on the drive for 20 years now - on the plus side I have restored 3 other Lotus cars in the interim period :lol:

Esprits are probably the most complicated Lotus made to date, but are the best :)

• 2 weeks later...