free hit
counters
Esprits in Concours d'Elegance shows? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprits in Concours d'Elegance shows?

ABorkat

Have any of the worldwide Concours d'Elegance shows ever invited a Lotus Esprit? I've gone through hundreds of websites looking for one, and found none. In fact, the only Lotuses I've found were some of the early racecars (Elevens and such).

Adam

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be a while before one gets invited to Pebble Beach :cheers: . . . but who cares?! :D

For what it's worth, my former red S1, #260H, was invited to Eyes On Design in Detroit and Ault Park Concours d' Elegance in Cincinnati. Took a prize in each (best exterior of featured designer category at EOD, and "award of distinction" [i.e. honorable mention] at Ault Park). While these events are not Pebble Beach, they are all high quality, high-caliber shows that pull cars from around the country and occasionally elsewhere. The car now lives in Brazil, has been lovingly sympathetically restored, and will be one of the highlights of one of Brazil's biggest concours events this coming April.

At Eyes On Design:

GIUGIARO.jpg

(That's Giugiaro autographing the car)

At Ault Park:

redespritrightrearaultforwe.jpg

AultRear.jpg

Ribbon.jpg

One truly awesome event where Esprits are always welcome is the Celebration Exotic Car Festival every April in Orlando. While a lot of cars are driven to the show, it is judged on a 100-point system, and there is no shortage of serious, top-shelf cars that come close, including classics. It's a great several days with events similar to those at the Cavallino Classic or Pebble Beach, only the atmosphere is more exciting and less stuffy. It is organized by fellow LEFer Jeff Ippoliti, a certified Esprit nut (ever see the yellow car on the cover of Octane?). If you went there this year, you could have seen the best restored S1 in the world and the best original S1 in the world (both his), plus a nice selection of Esprits and other Lotus cars. There is an entire Lotus class for judging, and the winner was a restored Seven that was truly incredible by any measure (it may have earned some other trans-marque award, too, I don't remember).

One of Jeff's S1s - look familiar?

05100b59.jpg

If you bring your Esprit to CECF -- whether you trailer it or drive it, and whether it is judged or display only -- I guarantee you will have a great time and be glad you did. :beer:

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

The Palo Alto Concours d'Elegance in California usually invites this Turbo Esprit, and one or two Lotus race cars. I've seen the Turbo at a few shows (black tape under the "Turbo Esprit" badge is unique), but damned if I can remember the owner's name:

P6280032.jpg

Picture is darn big, my apologies...don't know how to resize!

Edited by Clark

The Bond S1 and Turbo Esprit were displayed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed Style et Luxe concours back in 2008. Though the cars were less than concours!

01031.jpg

01027.jpg

Edited by Mark Blanchard

A while ago I was once run over by Jeff's immaculate yellow S1. Luckily, my camerphone went off and managed to catch a snap of the car as it rolled over me.*

S1024.jpg

*This may not be a factual account. Infact, I'm certain it isn't.

Oh and while I'm here: 800x600 max picture size please! Thankyou. :D

A while ago I was once run over by Jeff's immaculate yellow S1. Luckily, my camerphone went off and managed to catch a snap of the car as it rolled over me.

Sheesh! That Jeff sure is careless -- he ran over me, too!*

DSCF2195.jpg

*okay, actually the car was a bit stationary and I found my way under it

By the way, sorry for the huge pic earlier -- I just stole the link straight from CECF web site. :D

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Been twice in Finlands Concous d'Elegance. It's placed in nice island called Kakskerta in southwest corner of Finland. This year the weather was terrible. Here is some pics. Concours09070.jpg

Concours09078.jpg

I like this DeTomasso!

Behind these links are much more pics, if someone wants to see:

Clicky 2009 Clicky 2009 Clicky 2009

Our car was only Esprit in show.

In 2008 the weather was much better and there was more cars also.

Some links to 2008 show:

Clicky 2008 Clicky 2008 Clicky 2008 Clicky 2008