free hit
counters
Back in F1 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Back in F1

Advantage

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/press...f1_entries.aspx

Text:

Press Release

2010 FIA Formula One World Championship - New Entries 15/09/2009

Following an intensive selection and due diligence process, the FIA has awarded the 13th entry in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship to the Lotus F1 Team.

The FIA also received an impressive application from the BMW Sauber Team. However, given that BMW has announced it will withdraw its support in 2010, there are still uncertainties regarding the future ownership of the team.

Nevertheless, the FIA considers that BMW Sauber

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard this on the radio, fantastic news

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

WOW! Stunning news!!

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

I'm happier about this one than the previous bid, it seems to have the right backing. So I will be cheering for them, sorry mclaren, but my first love is Lotus.

Roger :D

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

What about the UK Lotus team keeping it's link to the colonies down here and trying this guy out before Red Bull snaffle him maybe?

Daniel Ricciardo

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

It's still only a name, as far as I can interpret it's not the 'Lotus' we know and love so Im not getting all the whooohar over this tbh :D

is this a factory based thing, are lotus cars / group lotus going to benefit from it, will it mean design and development from lotus engineering to forward designs on their own cars ? If not I couldn't care less

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Jonathon,

I have said on another thread on here that I am not a big fan of F1. Never really have been. I agree with you completely. If this benefits Lotus directly and the Lotus driving public - Great.

If not, I'm with you and couldn't really give a rip. (he says as he climbs into his flame retardant suit)

Michael.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

There are very few people at the factory who could step into a modern F1 team and be successful straight away - it's not like the 'Old Days'. Obviously this is going to mean assimilating an existing team and bringing in fresh ideas and management, along with oodles of someone else's cash. Remember Bahar has experience of Red Bull dealings with Ferrari.

This is a Win Win for 'our' Lotus plc. All they have to do is supply the badges and sell the T shirts.

and cars hopefully on the back of any success.

It wont be long before there are special additions in the new team colours. Marketing is a wonderful thing. I bet all the drivers will be given Evora's to tool around in? Do yu think Micheal Schumacher drives a Fiat Croma by choice?

I may have my facts wrong here, but as far as I understand this, there is no Lotus connection at all.

Local press reported the sale of the Team Lotus name some months ago to another company (RTN ?) who were attempting to launch a bid to enter F1

Colin

As I understand it - this is NOT the same team that was previously rumoured. That was based around the Litespeed team and had the rights to the Team Lotus name.

This team is Malaysian - backed by the Malaysian government and Malaysian business people. Presumably since the Malaysian government own Proton they have access to use the name.

Interestingly the Group Lotus website media section now has a Lotus F1 category although with no current press releases.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Does Bruno have a Malaysian passport?

www.malaysiakini.com

Quote:

Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak today announced that Malaysia will participate in the FIA Formula One world championship through its own racing team - 1Malaysia F1 Team, starting from 2010. The premier said that the 1Malaysia F1 team was a government and private initiative, combining the collaborative experience of Proton and Lotus.

He said the team was supported by world-class expertise, and backed by the Sepang international circuit, Motorsports Association of Malaysia as well as Automobile Association of Malaysia.

Speaking to reporters at Ministry of Finance in Putrajaya, Najib said the Malaysian F1 team will be based at the Sepang circuit with pit stop staff coming from Malaysia.

"It will be a Malaysia manufactured car," said a proud Najib, adding that a race to find a suitable Malaysian driver was underway. A statement issued during the press release stated that the team will reveal its two drivers by Oct 31. At present, six local and international drivers have been shortlisted for evaluation.

If it was a bonefide Lotus link I think there would be a press release on the Group Lotus site :D The Norfolk base seems like a red herring to me with the emphasis on making this all about being a Malaysian triumph

I got excited for a second, but now I kind of feel like a crappy sequel to a classic movie has been realeased

Edited by Red

Is your seatbelt on? I want to try something

Put a smile on my face. :D

I just might head over the Melbourne for the GP next year.

Wonder if they give Lotus owners a free Lotus pit pass.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Have a look at the BBC F1 website...they're showing the 1986 Spanish GP with Senna and Lotus, Walker and Hunt commentating!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein