free hit
counters
S3 Boot lid wanted Any condition ideally very cheap please - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

S3 Boot lid wanted Any condition ideally very cheap please

Looking for a boot lid for an S3 for modifying. Any condition. No glass needed just the bare lid. If anyone has one let me know the price please. Its just a thought at the moment so not deffinate i will need it. Figured rather than chop a perfectly good one about thats on my car its better to do it to an old one.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wayne,

What you thinking! only two things you can do with an s3 tailgate, One fit clear slats like the turbo, I have done this and it looked ok, Two...try and make the tailgate like a later car style...a lot of work and if this is what your thinking your better off buying an s3 turbo tailgate and remove the slatted panel and there is already a flat fiberglass panel underneath!

After all this i still went back to the rear glass i.e normal s3 setup but added an extra cut away and added mesh!

And if you where not thinking of any of the above i would love to see what your planning!

try WWW.LOTUSBITS.COM he usally has a couple and just make him an offer, he lists the prices on his website,

Regards danny

A

Danny im thinking of a latter style flat lid with a louvered deck for added cooling. Ideally i would like to make one up from scratch to my own design but i may look at a turbo one as well as it may be a nother option to use. Prob more money though!!

Wayne,

The turbo s3 esprit tailgate will be the best bet for you, they are the same price as n/a tailgates for one and it will save you a lot of fiberglass work as the main shape that your aiming for is already there, There was a forum member that posted on here with a white s2 of memory fitted with a turbo tailgate with the louvers and had fitted engine bay cooling vents in the deck, it looked very nice indeed! Will have a look through the restoration section later and try and dig it out.

Regards danny

A

Hi.

http://www.a-clements.co.uk Lotus esprit as purchased, pic 6 shows it.

As far as I know it is a standard G body tailgate for a turbo (or S3 but had the panel put in like a turbo) that has then had a flat panel put in on top and vents added.